USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
13100743_10206272703562589_507124971419851530_n.jpg

https://cites.org/eng/cop/17/prop/index.php

60 Proposals:

Interesting that a few are requesting DOWN LISTING some species:
A couple of true leaders in Conservation.
South Africa proposes the transfer of the Cape mountain zebra, Equus zebra zebra, from Appendix I to Appendix II

Canada purposes a Transfer of Puma concolor coryi and Puma concolor couguar, from Appendix I to Appendix II

Canada purposes Delete Bison bison athabascae from Appendix II

Canada proposes Transfer Falco peregrinus from Appendix I to Appendix II

Here is the MOST POLITICAL proposal I can see:
Proponents:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Kenya, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sri Lanka and Uganda

Inclusion of all populations of Loxodonta africana (African elephant) in Appendix I through the transfer from Appendix II to Appendix I of the populations of Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe

UPLISTING to CITES I for the most over populated Elephant populations in Africa. o_O :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wonder if the USFWS dropped twenty bucks to each proponent country.:rolleyes:

WOW! USFW doesn't get it!

So are these recommendations based on population estimates of the species by country or just based off input from PETA? Doesn't seem like the recommendations line up with reality...?

I found this one interesting given the recent thread about Kenya burning rhino horns and elephant ivory:

Swaziland:

TQITFp-U61E9VxIR_y5OOM3hwH6nSF3aVQelBKQXIjD1ek-LHhSzRkjgGpVOmyemLkE45heHNmwcd9WEaX4E8YeDzAvUlMzijTIpeZDb1p-FhK8AC4e5J5lzCmJy5vT_KOrSE7OJ

To alter the existing annotation on the Appendix II listing of Swaziland’s white rhino, adopted at the 13th Conference of Parties in 2004, so as to permit a limited and regulated trade in white rhino horn which has been collected in the past from natural deaths, or recovered from poached Swazi rhino, as well as horn to be harvested in a non-lethal way from a limited number of white rhino in the future in Swaziland

Attachments

• c simum.jpg
    c simum.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
So are these recommendations based on population estimates of the species by country or just based off input from PETA? Doesn't seem like the recommendations line up with reality...?

Any of the parties to the Convention can make proposals. Apparently the folks in Western Africa think they are getting a raw deal by having their Elephants in a different Appendix than those guys down south. Hence my political comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross