Churchill Mauser 404 Jeffery $6500

uplander01

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia, Mozambique, Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, Oueen Charlette Isl), USA Rocky Mountain Region, Alaska
Hello All-

Here up for sale is a late Churchill Gunmakers (London) 404 Jeffery $6500. The rifle was restocked at some point by a stocker with a flair for style, I'm guessing before it made it to the USA. I bought the rifle in its original metallurgical condition and had ACGG member Steve Durren in Adrian Michigan install NECG winchester style 3 position safety, Timney Trigger, drill and tap for Talley Bases (Rings Included), and install a Pachmayr Decell 1" pad for overall LOP of 14" . The 1" rings have been lightly lapped for stress free scope mounting. I have shot this rifle very little as evidenced by the bolt face pic. Its a real shooter, comes up like a dream both with irons and with a scope. I had Mr. Durren lower the comb a little when he was doing is work and it made a big difference. The main open sight is dead on with 400 grain bullets and the other leafs have not been touched. I have the front sight hood original to the rifle, see pic. The trap door grip gap is non-functioning and glued shut,...the spring broke and there is no matching unit to replace, however, I'm sure a good gunsmith could sort that out by filling the entire hole and putting on a standard solid cap. As far as fit, I am 6'2" and wear a size XL glove, the way the wrist of the stock is done I don't think this rifle would fit anyone larger than me or with bigger hands. If I had to guess the stock was made specifically for someone that was probably about 6' tall and had size large hands. I'm not a historian but based on the address on the barrel I would say this gun was manufactured between 1967 and 1971. It's in excellent shape, the bore is perfect. Fair price for a neat rifle in a timeless caliber ready for a lifetime of service. Serious inquiries only, can send more pics on request, happy to discuss on the phone or via private message. Price is FIRM.

IMG_3767.jpg
IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3769.jpg
IMG_3770.jpg
IMG_3771.jpg
IMG_3772.jpg
IMG_3774.jpg
IMG_3775.jpg
IMG_3777.jpg
IMG_3778.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Churchill Gun Makers build fantastic rifles. Here's mine. A 7x57mm Mauser built on a 1942 military surplus Mauser Oberndorf action.
IMG_20220530_171012_01_01_01.jpg

received_1248858189349626.jpeg

Screenshot_20221007-024445_01.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-013016_01.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-013021_01.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-013044_01.jpg

Mighty fine looking rifle!!

Nice rifle
What makes you think it’s been restocked?
S

When I first got the rifle I took pics and showed a guy I called at Churchill. He was very helpful and one of the first things he said was that it had been custom stocked. The wrist is quite unique, it has a slight palm swell for right handed shooter and their is "shelf" on the offside for your thumb coming off the cheek-piece, checkering is very unique in its lines as well.

When I first got the rifle I took pics and showed a guy I called at Churchill. He was very helpful and one of the first things he said was that it had been custom stocked. The wrist is quite unique, it has a slight palm swell for right handed shooter and their is "shelf" on the offside for your thumb coming off the cheek-piece, checkering is very unique in its lines as well.
Interesting thanks I see what you mean now re the thumb shelf

S

what is the barrel length?

Hey Texas Sharpshooter, sorry didn't get back to you sooner. This rig has a 24" tube.

Make me an offer, Its a damn good rifle thats ready to go....

No worries, takes me a few days to respond sometimes too. Everybody is busy.

You do have a fine rifle, unfortunately I am no longer in the market. Just bought another one from a member.

Best of luck with the sale.

Price drop, $6000 will get this rifle

-SOLD Pending Funds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you