Churchill Mauser 404 Jeffery $6500

uplander01

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia, Mozambique, Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, Oueen Charlette Isl), USA Rocky Mountain Region, Alaska
Hello All-

Here up for sale is a late Churchill Gunmakers (London) 404 Jeffery $6500. The rifle was restocked at some point by a stocker with a flair for style, I'm guessing before it made it to the USA. I bought the rifle in its original metallurgical condition and had ACGG member Steve Durren in Adrian Michigan install NECG winchester style 3 position safety, Timney Trigger, drill and tap for Talley Bases (Rings Included), and install a Pachmayr Decell 1" pad for overall LOP of 14" . The 1" rings have been lightly lapped for stress free scope mounting. I have shot this rifle very little as evidenced by the bolt face pic. Its a real shooter, comes up like a dream both with irons and with a scope. I had Mr. Durren lower the comb a little when he was doing is work and it made a big difference. The main open sight is dead on with 400 grain bullets and the other leafs have not been touched. I have the front sight hood original to the rifle, see pic. The trap door grip gap is non-functioning and glued shut,...the spring broke and there is no matching unit to replace, however, I'm sure a good gunsmith could sort that out by filling the entire hole and putting on a standard solid cap. As far as fit, I am 6'2" and wear a size XL glove, the way the wrist of the stock is done I don't think this rifle would fit anyone larger than me or with bigger hands. If I had to guess the stock was made specifically for someone that was probably about 6' tall and had size large hands. I'm not a historian but based on the address on the barrel I would say this gun was manufactured between 1967 and 1971. It's in excellent shape, the bore is perfect. Fair price for a neat rifle in a timeless caliber ready for a lifetime of service. Serious inquiries only, can send more pics on request, happy to discuss on the phone or via private message. Price is FIRM.

IMG_3767.jpg
IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3769.jpg
IMG_3770.jpg
IMG_3771.jpg
IMG_3772.jpg
IMG_3774.jpg
IMG_3775.jpg
IMG_3777.jpg
IMG_3778.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Churchill Gun Makers build fantastic rifles. Here's mine. A 7x57mm Mauser built on a 1942 military surplus Mauser Oberndorf action.
IMG_20220530_171012_01_01_01.jpg

received_1248858189349626.jpeg

Screenshot_20221007-024445_01.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-013016_01.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-013021_01.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-013044_01.jpg

Mighty fine looking rifle!!

Nice rifle
What makes you think it’s been restocked?
S

When I first got the rifle I took pics and showed a guy I called at Churchill. He was very helpful and one of the first things he said was that it had been custom stocked. The wrist is quite unique, it has a slight palm swell for right handed shooter and their is "shelf" on the offside for your thumb coming off the cheek-piece, checkering is very unique in its lines as well.

When I first got the rifle I took pics and showed a guy I called at Churchill. He was very helpful and one of the first things he said was that it had been custom stocked. The wrist is quite unique, it has a slight palm swell for right handed shooter and their is "shelf" on the offside for your thumb coming off the cheek-piece, checkering is very unique in its lines as well.
Interesting thanks I see what you mean now re the thumb shelf

S

what is the barrel length?

Hey Texas Sharpshooter, sorry didn't get back to you sooner. This rig has a 24" tube.

Make me an offer, Its a damn good rifle thats ready to go....

No worries, takes me a few days to respond sometimes too. Everybody is busy.

You do have a fine rifle, unfortunately I am no longer in the market. Just bought another one from a member.

Best of luck with the sale.

Price drop, $6000 will get this rifle

-SOLD Pending Funds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg