Christmas Hunt Anyone?

Who else has managed to get out for a hunt over the Christmas break so far? I nearly always try and get a hunt in if not on Christmas day, sometime during the Christmas period. Mind you where I am from the hunting conditions are less than favorable this time of the year which makes things alot more challenging but as always part of hunting is working around the weather. I've managed to get out twice already, cleaned up a monster brumby stallion Christmas eve while I was actually out looking for scrub bulls and then I got myself a nice cane boar weighing in at 93kgs sporting some good ivory late Christmas afternoon after navigating my way through some big storms.

Id love to see pics and/or hear from anyone else hunting over the Christmas period, not only in Australia but any where around the world. I'm heading out again this afternoon, hopefully another nice boar will present an opportunity.

View attachment 443699
@Aussie_Hunter
Mate my days of running around the bush in 40 plus degrees celcieus in summer are long gone. I'm to old for that shit nowdays. The start of autumn thru to the end of spring does this o l f fart now..
Bob

@Aussie_Hunter
Mate my days of running around the bush in 40 plus degrees celcieus in summer are long gone. I'm to old for that shit nowdays. The start of autumn thru to the end of spring does this o l f fart now..
Bob
I don't blame you mate, it's been bloody tough going the last few weeks up here.

I don't blame you mate, it's been bloody tough going the last few weeks up here.
@Aussie_Hunter
Mate that's why the good Lord let us invent the internal combustion engine. A good quad bike saves a lot of foot slogging. So does diesel stalking in an air-conditioned 4x4 until game is spotted then do the final stalk ala Africa in a bakki. Ah the joys of youth.
Bob

While I haven’t hunted on Christmas Day in many many years, back in the 70’s and 80’s my family would load up and visit my grandparents in the Shanendoah river valley of Virginia. After presents opened and the good Virginia ham was eaten my father and I would walk the banks of the river and jump shoot mallards and black ducks. These memories are some of my favorites as my father is no longer able to hunt and one of those presents was my grandfather’s old featherweight Winchester model 12 that was bought for him by my parents back in the 60’s I believe maybe even the 50’s. I don’t know when the featherweight was manufactured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross