Christian from South Africa

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard Christian. Please tell us a little more about yourself as it relates to hunting. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Do you have any stories and photos of previous hunts? Do you have any near term hunting plans? If so what is on the menu?

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Christian! Looking forward to your contribution.

Please tell us a little more about yourself as it relates to hunting. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Do you have any stories and photos of previous hunts? Do you have any near term hunting plans? If so what is on the menu?
+1 and welcome to AH!

Hi Christian, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH.

Let's hear the tale about the Giraffe.

Ok, so the story behind the Giraffe. It was 2 years back In Musina, SA. I was there to hunt a big Bull but unfortunately couldn't find him and for that case no other animals except for small bucks. After 5 hours searching for the Bull we decided to go home and come back later. Just as we drove to the gate a Giraffe crossed the road right infront of the car. It began to ran so we got out and stalked it for a bit and about at 80-90m I pulled the trigger hitting it through the heart arteries and straight through the lungs. Got there to find out it was a massive Cow around the age of 30 years and the size of a youngh Bull. She was alone on the farm for the other Giraffe was nowhere to be found. I shot her with a 375.
I actually got the hide this week but can't keep it for my apartment is too small. Looking to sell it if somebody maybe someone who wnts one, let me know.

Reactions: WAB
Welcome to AH.

Let's hear the tale about the Giraffe.
Ok, so the story behind the Giraffe. It was 2 years back In Musina, SA. I was there to hunt a big Bull but unfortunately couldn't find him and for that case no other animals except for small bucks. After 5 hours searching for the Bull we decided to go home and come back later. Just as we drove to the gate a Giraffe crossed the road right infront of the car. It began to ran so we got out and stalked it for a bit and about at 80-90m I pulled the trigger hitting it through the heart arteries and straight through the lungs. Got there to find out it was a massive Cow around the age of 30 years and the size of a youngh Bull. She was alone on the farm for the other Giraffe was nowhere to be found. I shot her with a 375. I actually got the hide this week but can't keep it for my apartment is too small. Looking to sell it if somebody maybe someone who wnts one, let me know.

Welcome to AH Christian! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Welcome to AH, Christian! I'm sure the giraffe produced a nice hide!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois