Checking rifle on contiguous ticket and Johannesburg connection

Whattapita!

I'll check with Gracy as we get closer and obviously do whatever they recommend.
It's not often that I can contribute to the wealth of knowledge you have of hunting abroad. So maybe this time we actually can.

We will arrive at Job on Qutar at 0400 - Airlink flight at 1045. It will be ahead of you by several weeks. On our return I'll report how it worked out for us.

Hopefully it's smooth for everyone.

Made it to Joberg and all bags and gun here. Bruce and I are waiting a while to recheck. Nice to chat with him while we wait. Nothing else to do anyway.

Mark and I met up at the lounge in Doha and we were two rows apart on the plane to Joberg. Nice guy! All his bags made it as well. When claiming our guns, I met his PH and he was very nice.

Made it to Joberg and all bags and gun here. Bruce and I are waiting a while to recheck. Nice to chat with him while we wait. Nothing else to do anyway.

Mark and I met up at the lounge in Doha and we were two rows apart on the plane to Joberg. Nice guy! All his bags made it as well. When claiming our guns, I met his PH and he was very nice.
Good to hear Bruce is doing well. Always there and very reliable. He and Lucky were the constants I could always count on at ORT. Without fail, had things sorted through SAPS and local ORT personnel and the occasional odd rule changes as they happened over the years.

Wish I were headed to Maun!! Good luck on your trip!

I call Bruce, the Mayor of Tambo. He's always one step ahead of the game and seems to know every terminal employee. On your return, ask him how he's enjoying his bourbon. We brought him a couple bottles of the good stuff not available in SA.

You guys are still at Johannesburg?
We are currently waiting our flight to Port Elizabeth at 15:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are still at Johannesburg?
We are currently waiting our flight to Port Elizabeth at 15:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed you!

This may not be exactly on point..since you're talking about transiting Joburg...but the last time I flew on Qatar with my rifle I went from St. Louis - Dallas - Doha - Lusaka. The St. Louis to Dallas flight was on United. I had to claim my rifle in Dallas...then present it at the Qatar ticket counter. After they performed their intake process...they checked them through all the way to Lusaka. Then we deposited our cases at TSA. Never had to touch them again until we landed in Zambia. Apparently, Qatar wants you to present the guns and paperwork at their counter...and won't accept a transfer. It would be great to avoid the hassle of claiming and rechecking at the point of departure. Is this everyone else's experience?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg