Checking in from CO

MikeW

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Full disclosure, it was my emerging interest in double rifles that brought me to this site. Adding a 375 H&H double for no other reason than the classic design of the double rifle and history behind that cartridge. One in 30-06 would make for a nice brush gun as well.

Hunting in Africa never was on my bucket list, but that could be changing as I read these threads.

I've been an avid hunter of North American game, but lately it has been limited to upland bird and hog hunting.

Look forward to learning more on this site and hopefully contributing as well.

Mike

Welcome to AH Mike! You may find yourself in Africa hunting sooner than you thought! :S Welcome:

Thanks Jerome. I think you may be right. At one point, I thought I would never buy a custom 1911 or a custom rifle only to find that they have become my normal. Reading books by Ruark and Hemingway definitely kindle the desire.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to our place Mike

Hellos MikeW,

Welcome to the best forum in the world.
Don’t ever read the excellent book “Hunter”, by J.A. Hunter.
Because if you do, you’ll lay awake every night, trying to sort out how you’re going to pay for a London or Birmingham made double in .500 NE (with ejectors of course) as well as a proper Mauser in .416 Rigby.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Hi Mike, welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Mike.

Welcome to AH!

Another from Colorado here MikeW! Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to AH

Hellos MikeW,

Welcome to the best forum in the world.
Don’t ever read the excellent book “Hunter”, by J.A. Hunter.
Because if you do, you’ll lay awake every night, trying to sort out how you’re going to pay for a London or Birmingham made double in .500 NE (with ejectors of course) as well as a proper Mauser in .416 Rigby.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Great. Now I have to go get that book.

Full disclosure, it was my emerging interest in double rifles that brought me to this site. Adding a 375 H&H double for no other reason than the classic design of the double rifle and history behind that cartridge. One in 30-06 would make for a nice brush gun as well.

Hunting in Africa never was on my bucket list, but that could be changing as I read these threads.

I've been an avid hunter of North American game, but lately it has been limited to upland bird and hog hunting.

Look forward to learning more on this site and hopefully contributing as well.

Mike
Welcome Mike. Let's get Africa on that list...

Welcome to this great forum Mike! Enjoy the site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.