Chapius Iphisi 375h&h

I’ll try that. My French is quite rusty, but I’m sure I can manage.
Google translate works very well. My wife and I use it all the time to make sure we are understood by some Afghan refugees She has adopted. Translate to desired language and then to English to double check translation.

Hi, @Canadaboy - the regulating system works through a wedge approximately 1' long that is situated between the barrels. If you look at any Chapuis medium/big bore double you'll see the end of this feature protruding about 1/4" from between the muzzles. By moving this wedge backward or forward after heating the barrels, a competent gunsmith can tweak the degree of their convergence. However, the barrels still need to be reblued after the process. Before re-regulating, though, I would try different loads and see how they shoot; more often than not, you'll find the right formula without re-regulating.

As far as I know, the Oural is being put on hold. It's not really a product that appeals to the US market, so I haven't been keeping quite abreast of it--but I'm fairly sure they are not making it now. I'll see my French counterparts next week for SCI, so I'll be more than glad to confirm for you.

If you have a Chapuis question, perhaps it's easier if you just ask me here on AH. I can give you an answer pretty much in real time, since I check this page regularly and I love to share info about this brand. I'm surprised that Stoeger Canada is being slow at replying to you, but to be honest I don't have much contact with them. Have you tried calling them on the phone? Perhaps they can assist you in importing an Iphisi from the US.

Last edited:
Oh, no! American Rifleman magazine plasters on their front page a picture of the Chapuis Iphisi.
@Tom Leoni even gets quoted some in the associated article.

Uh, just how many did you say you were bringing into the US?

Now I'm really in trouble...
Saw that, got my copy yesterday, going to read it today.

Oh, no! American Rifleman magazine plasters on their front page a picture of the Chapuis Iphisi.
@Tom Leoni even gets quoted some in the associated article.

Uh, just how many did you say you were bringing into the US?

Now I'm really in trouble...
LOL - I'm bringing in about 30, plus the 10 that were overdue from last year. :) Glad to help you part with your money--isn't it what friends are for? :p

Any off them with a neutral or cast on stock that don’t have a cheek piece on the wrong side for us lefty’s?

LOL - I'm bringing in about 30, plus the 10 that were overdue from last year. :) Glad to help you part with your money--isn't it what friends are for? :p

Any off them with a neutral or cast on stock that don’t have a cheek piece on the wrong side for us lefty’s?
@RLL - As many as needed/wanted! Of the 30 new ones I'm bringing in, all I need to know is how many lefties to make--not merely with a neutral cast, but with a true LH stock and cheekpiece. It's no problem at all, and the upcharge is nominal (a couple hundred bucks, if memory serves me). Upon my return from SCI, I'm creating a product code and will take orders through our dealers (dealer locator on the Chapuis USA Web site). I have already had dealers asking for them.

As I said, no problem at all, as long as I know how many to bring in in that configuration.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.33 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.34 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.35 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.46.37 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
I wonder what they are asking for it? I see the rrp is $9999.

@Just Gina and I have been very busy with other projects and I have not been able to get her out into the backyard to shoot for the past several months. Not sure why;)

Anyway, I posted those pictures of the Iphisi for her. Hopefully she can shoot it soon and write up a report but we are on the road again and the rifle is snuggled up with it's big sister in it's favorite safe:)

20230201_135600.jpg

Looks great Bob. Are those bases standard and obtainable?
Did the rib require machining to fit the bases onto it?

Looks great Bob. Are those bases standard and obtainable?
Did the rib require machining to fit the bases onto it?
No machining for the scope. The rib has removable blocks for that scope mount which is readily available. It is a pretty standard scope mount for a double or drilling. Or on the Iphisi you can use Tally non QD mounts for much less money. See @Tom Leoni comments.

The rib was machined to accept a QD RMR mount to give Gina ultimately flexibility in sighting options;) See the pictures with the little little slit cut in the rib. She has a RMR for her 450/400NE so can now also mount that on this rifle.

Gina loves her "Jewelry Scopes" but after visiting with and looking through it, I would strongly consider a Zeiss. @Esoteric Junkie brought samples to the AH dinner in Nashville. Very impressive glass and especially the illumination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg