Deals & offers
Media
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Century Old Maasai Warrior Shields

maasai-warrior-shieds-19.jpg

These ancient shields are the perfect conversation piece for your trophy room. For every 50 antique spears we get in we only get one shield like this as leather does not last nearly as long as wood and steel. These are getting harder and harder to acquire so if you have been looking for one, now is the time to buy it. The antique shields we offer in our annual catalog are usually sold out in 1-2 days.

Left Shield
This shield dates back to the turn of the last century and is in great shape with a vibrant white, red and black color scheme. This large shield is in great condition, measures 38" x 22", and is heavily built.

Middle Shield
Based on past shields we purchased with documents, this shield dates back to the late 1800’s and should be in a museum as it is an amazing piece. It is in pristine condition and features a thick wood frame and a smooth as glass wood handle from being carried for many years. This is an unusually large, heavy shield that measures 40" x 27" and is one of the nicest we have ever come across.

Right Shield
This shield is a bit smaller than the others and measures 32” x 30” and in our opinion is the oldest and probably dates back to the mid-1800’s. The hide has shrunk and this has broken one of the main beam supports on the back and warped the shield, but the construction is very nice and handle is consistent with the craftsmanship of the period.

If you are looking to put a pair of crossed Maasai lion spears behind one of the shields above, we have two sets of matched pair spears that just arrived. They are all just less than six feet tall and date back approximately 80-100 years. While we have not loaded them on the site yet, we can always send pictures if you are interested in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you