Cecil's law

robertq

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Life member of DSC, SCI, NRA, Rocky Mt Elk Foundation, American Hunter, Buck Masters & Ruffed Grouse Society
Hunted
Russia, Argentina, Canada & South Africa
I sent this to our (SSI) attorneys. They are on it and watching it very close..

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2016/TOB/s/2016SB-00227-R00-SB.htm

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.24.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.25.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.25.42 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Wow! Is this still in committee? Or is it actually coming to a vote?

robertq

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Life member of DSC, SCI, NRA, Rocky Mt Elk Foundation, American Hunter, Buck Masters & Ruffed Grouse Society
Hunted
No it is not voted on yet.....

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
legislation like this is concerning- not just for residents of the state that are planning future hunts, but anyone that might move to Connecticut. As I'm reading that- unless you possessed the trophy in Connecticut prior to the passage of the law, its illegal. So, if you currently live in TX and legally hunt any of the listed game, then move to Connecticut sometime after the law is passed, you can't bring your legally hunted trophies with you...

please correct me if I am misreading...

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
How can a state outlaw what is federally legal. Now they say you can not have in posession. What if my company moves me to that place? Do I sell my property......? Oh no you can't do that either! Idiots!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Not sure if this will go anywhere, but who ever wrote it: (1) does not know what are the big five (2) that some african lions are ok.

More importantly, are SCI lawyers on it?

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
I have a pair of shooting sticks with elephant leather tops.... oh yeah, a pair of courtney shoes? This is from the state that USED to make most of our guns. Idiots

robertq

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Not sure if this will go anywhere, but who ever wrote it: (1) does not know what are the big five (2) that some african lions are ok.

More importantly, are SCI lawyers on it?

Is SCI on this ....... NO..... SCI is asleep at the wheel.

We need to hold SCI's feet to the fire and protect the members.
Look at what happened when the whole Cecil thing came out.
SCI's stance was to place the PH and hunter on suspension without knowing the facts......

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
SCI's stance was to place the PH and hunter on suspension without knowing the facts......

And I don't think SCI ever removed the hunter's suspension, did they?

They would probably point to his earlier infraction, but they sure seemed to try and get away from that as quickly and totally as possible.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Wow, hope for the residents of this state that this doesn't pass.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
@rinehart0050 ,

It seems that this would indeed do as your asking, that if one moves from a state with legally possessed and taken game to Conn, that you could not take your stuff with you, much like if someone moves to California with a legally harvested and possessed Mountain Lion, they cant take it across the state line, which is insanity!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
More unintelligent legislation........

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Is SCI on this ....... NO..... SCI is asleep at the wheel.

We need to hold SCI's feet to the fire and protect the members.
Look at what happened when the whole Cecil thing came out.

Well at least SCI has it up on their web site. Another bill in CT would prohibit the the sale or trade of Ivory and Rhino horn

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
How can a state outlaw what is federally legal. Now they say you can not have in posession. What if my company moves me to that place? Do I sell my property......? Oh no you can't do that either! Idiots!
The 10th amendment to the US Constitution says they can
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
I am 100% opposed to this Cecil law but 100% for the 10th amd. Either one is serious about states rights or they're not.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I do think if challenged it would be deemed in part or all unconstitutional in an appellate court. Crap like this happens all the time. I think the possession part of this law as well as the import ban on legally obtained trophies would be struck down.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Gizmo the power to regulate international commerce is granted to the Feds. Legally hunted animals from foreign country's brought here as finished or unfinished taxidermy is regulated by the Feds. So I think you are correct if passed and challenged in court it would be struck down! Let's hope anyway!
As for states rights my ancestors fought for them and the courts have chopped away at them ever since. Can you tell me of any case in the last say 50 years where under the 10 th states have prevailed against the federal government?
Sadly I can think of nothing....from voting rights to Obama care!

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Gizmo the power to regulate international commerce is granted to the Feds. Legally hunted animals from foreign country's brought here as finished or unfinished taxidermy is regulated by the Feds. So I think you are correct if passed and challenged in court it would be struck down! Let's hope anyway!
As for states rights my ancestors fought for them and the courts have chopped away at them ever since. Can you tell me of any case in the last say 50 years where under the 10 th states have prevailed against the federal government?
Sadly I can think of nothing....from voting rights to Obama care!
Yes I can .... how about legalizing marijuana? Still a federal crime but legal in 5 states. SCOTUS just struck down a suit brought by Okla and Neb. about enforcement and expense to police our borders from Colo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatiaHcr8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J