CB Finance debate, Egg Recipes, etc.

Some people have no shame. CB is obviously one of them. However, what goes around, comes around.

Reactions: ack
I am really enjoying his new book, From the Cape to Kasserine!

Wow, I can't believe the bashing from people that don't personally know Craig Boddington. I've personally known him for years, have some of the same friends like Jason Hornady and know many of his other friends. I've been on several hunts with him and have had business dealing with him for year. We do each other favors he has often paid for my meals and drinks and even government fees clearing customs over seas. I know for fact you can't pay him to write favorable reviews. He writes the truth as he sees it or nothing. Sure he has sponsors but they don't dictate supporting their products, he would have none of that. He also will not endorse any product for a fee. He does charity work too. His best selling book is used by the Texas school system and he wrote it for free as a public service. It's easy to read garbage on the internet and repeat it like it's real. But the man I know is the real deal, the most ethical person I have ever known, a friend to many, a real American Icon. He just realest a new book "Buffalo II" there is chapter in the book where it sets the record straight. It's a great book on Buffalo hunting and I highly recommend reading it.

I think I have written elsewhere on this forum, it is loss to all of us, when CB left this forum because of this thread.
I came in touch with him during purchasing of some of his books, and came to appreciate this gentlemen.
He has my full admiration!

Thanks for the heads up on the new book(y), just ordered a copy from Safari Press. I also agree with the two above posts.

. . . . He just realest a new book "Buffalo II" there is chapter in the book where it sets the record straight. It's a great book on Buffalo hunting and I highly recommend reading it.

And how does it set the record straight?

Guess you'll have to read the book and find out eh?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

In his new Book "Buffalo II" in the bullet chapter when he talks about some of the best buffalo bullets, he talks about his history with Barnes, Swift and Hornady. I have used all 3 on buffalo myself. But he writes about not being paid to promote any brand. We have talked bullets many times, his private conversation off the record on bullets is the same as his written record. I have use for all 3 brands of bullets of buffalo, my double rifles are regulated with Hornady DG and they work fine, in my bolt guns, if unrestricted I use Barnes, but in the swamps of Mozambique in the big heard the worry about pass through so they prefer Swift A-Frame or Hornady DGX. Well back to the point, in that chapter he does write about his Independence.

I have bit my tongue through all of this, you can google his Chapter 7 filing. It is public record. I actually know two claimants - one who really couldn't afford to be stiffed. Six months after the case settled, knowing the situation, I personally watched he and Donna buying JB Hill boots at DSC. You can google their cost as well - but they are over a K a pair. Really flew all over me. The courts are a wonderful thing. They will set you free.

Of course, none of this says anything about his knowledge or hunting experience. But I think it does speak volumes with respect to character.
Unfortunately several people connected to the NRA near the top echelon have squandered our dues and donations on clothes and expensive hunts or entertainment.....Who knows ...I am a member ,have been a long time...

In his new Book "Buffalo II" in the bullet chapter when he talks about some of the best buffalo bullets, he talks about his history with Barnes, Swift and Hornady. I have used all 3 on buffalo myself. But he writes about not being paid to promote any brand. We have talked bullets many times, his private conversation off the record on bullets is the same as his written record. I have use for all 3 brands of bullets of buffalo, my double rifles are regulated with Hornady DG and they work fine, in my bolt guns, if unrestricted I use Barnes, but in the swamps of Mozambique in the big heard the worry about pass through so they prefer Swift A-Frame or Hornady DGX. Well back to the point, in that chapter he does write about his Independence.

That's not really setting the record straight. That's him saying the same thing he has always said.

This would be like Bill Clinton setting the record straight when he said he didnt have sexually relations with that woman.

I will say he is a hell of a hunter, a great writer and has killed a bunch of elephants and buffalo. Setting the record straight would be him saying, I accept free hunts, I wasnt completely honest with my bankruptcy, and I wrote Buffalo II in order to get some money to set things right with some people. Which hopefully he does.

He has the highest integrity of any man I know, I may not know every thing about him but I know he is a better man than me. Hornady and others have taken me on a free hunts and I have taken friends and business associates on free hunts. There were never any strings attached. I don't think that makes me a bad person, it makes me lucky and generous. I don't have any idea how CB manages his finances and I don't care it's none of my business. But I do know you can't pay him to write some things that's not true and you can't pay him to endorse a product or company. He won the Weatherby Award honestly and fairly and that requires a lot more than Just hunting skills or money. He has had his falling outs with a few people but you won't hear him trashing them. CB may not be perfect, but who is. He is as honest as they come, tough as hell for his age, treats every one as equal and he is living history. He's not running for political office, so this whole post is ridicules.

Well this whole thread is old and it started due to him advertising with a partner regarding safari education. So that is the background and how his business dealing got brought in.

It got a bit heated for a while and then we talked about eggs, because it's the internet and you can be random.

I wouldn't read too much into it, you had a good experience with him and others didnt. That is the nature of relationships.

Guess you'll have to read the book and find out eh?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

That would be a no! I stopped reading anything that guy writes! It’s unreadable! It’s filled with unnecessary punctuation marks!

That would be a no! I stopped reading anything that guy writes! It’s unreadable! It’s filled with unnecessary punctuation marks!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So I have found something interesting. If you hard boil an egg and put in the refrigerator over night, you can mash it up with a fork the next day and microwave it. A little butter and Tony Chachere’s cajun spice and you’ve got a quick breakfast.

So I have found something interesting. If you hard boil an egg and put in the refrigerator over night, you can mash it up with a fork the next day and microwave it. A little butter and Tony Chachere’s cajun spice and you’ve got a quick breakfast.

I equate putting the egg in the refrigerator after cooking to high fence hunting. You can say it's the same as a free range egg, but you're only fooling yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg