Caught a bobcat this morning

Congratulations! That is awesome. My husband would love to get one of those. If you don't mind me asking, where at in PA are you from? I'm from Western PA, about an hour north of Pittsburgh in a small town called Fenelton. Now I live in Idaho with my husband. Sorry, I don't feel qualified to offer recommendations on how to have it mounted. I hope people give you some great ideas.
Thanks!! I live in Windham Center PA, its right on the border of New York state, about an hour from Binghamton NY. Its a really small town and I love it lol

I have a caracal with a guinea fowl in it's mouth that came out looking good. My suggestion is the bobcat with Punxatawney Phil or a reasonable facsimile in his mouth.
e-big-grin.gif

Thanks!! I live in Windham Center PA, its right on the border of New York state, about an hour from Binghamton NY. Its a really small town and I love it lol
I love small towns too. My hometown in Fenelton is small but larger towns are not far away. Here in Idaho we live in a town of 800 and the nearest big town is over an hour away. I love it too!

Caught this female bobcat this morning on my parents farm in Pennsylvania, thought I'd share a picture. We're only allowed one per year. Anybody got any cool ideas for mounting it? I've got a small one full body mounted laying on a rock already. Thanks for reading. View attachment 508437
A friend of mine had one mounted leaping straight up and hooking a mountain quail in the air. You wouldn't be able to get the mountain quail in Pennsylvania but some other game bird, maybe a grouse would work. Very cool mount.

Caught this female bobcat this morning on my parents farm in Pennsylvania, thought I'd share a picture. We're only allowed one per year. Anybody got any cool ideas for mounting it? I've got a small one full body mounted laying on a rock already. Thanks for reading. View attachment 508437
LOL pretty much the exact same story except I just caught this one on trail cam as I regularly do... There's an old long closed public Road on my parents farm called wildcat Lane. Plenty by my house they love ridgetops. This particular location is predator alley... In addition to bobcats I regularly see fishers, gray and red fox, black bear and coyotes. The grouse idea is a good one or snipe rail or woodcock which would be a little more to scale. Nice job. My son is the trapper.

IMG_20230107_114523.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Having them mounted in this position allows them to be move like furniture when your wife wants to rearrange things. Santa hat is optional.

4D25F99D-C725-43CF-8594-40BFD73F29B4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL pretty much the exact same story except I just caught this one on trail cam as I regularly do... There's an old long closed public Road on my parents farm called wildcat Lane. Plenty by my house they love ridgetops. This particular location is predator alley... In addition to bobcats I regularly see fishers, gray and red fox, black bear and coyotes. The grouse idea is a good one or snipe rail or woodcock which would be a little more to scale. Nice job. My son is the trapper.
Very cool!! Its funny how you'll see bears and bobcats using the same trails year after year.

congrats! Find a taxidermist that is good at cats. Most are terrible. Look at his cat mounts before hand.

I have a caracal with a guinea fowl in it's mouth that came out looking good. My suggestion is the bobcat with Punxatawney Phil or a reasonable facsimile in his mouth. View attachment 508493
Those ground hogs are a formidable foe. I wonder if a bobcat would even mess with one?!?!?

Those ground hogs are a formidable foe. I wonder if a bobcat would even mess with one?!?!?
I bet they prefer the young tender ground hogs lol this one couldn't stop herself from nibbling on an old deer rib cage and neck left from deer season. I think they eat a lot of deer carcasses in the winter in my area. They're terrific bird hunters too, I've seen plenty of evidence of that.

They can take care of the dumb little ones. I've watched red foxes sit by a hole and wait for the youngsters, wham,bam and they're food for their brood.

That sure is nice. Right now, in Ohio, far as I see, Bobcats, Bear and Badgers are protected. I will go west or south to take a Bobcat and Badger. I would find favor with the soft mounts too! That would be cool to pose it and move it around the house! Good luck!

That sure is nice. Right now, in Ohio, far as I see, Bobcats, Bear and Badgers are protected. I will go west or south to take a Bobcat and Badger. I would find favor with the soft mounts too! That would be cool to pose it and move it around the house! Good luck!
Thank you! Hopefully the population will keep increasing in the years to come. I wish there were badgers in my area, I've always wanted to trap one and get it tanned. Very cool animals.
I ended up just getting the bobcat tanned , open like a rug. The main reason why is the appearance of a huge male bobcat on my trail cameras so I will try for him next winter and hopefully get him soft mounted. Yeah, definitely a unique way of mounting .

'Drive through there sometimes on scenic rides home from my parents' old farm on the other side of the river. That restored old Sinclair? gas station in WC is simply amazing!!!

'Drive through there sometimes on scenic rides home from my parents' old farm on the other side of the river. That restored old Sinclair? gas station in WC is simply amazing!!!
That's cool! What gas station do you mean? Is it in Windham center?

LOL not too far away (it's actually in Warren Center! i got the town names mixed up.)
1673807071085.png

Oh haha that's the one I was thinking of. That's about a fifteen minute drive from my place. Small world, message me next time you're around if you want .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg