Carolina Fur Dressing Company Closing Down Permanently

Osama Mahdi

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
My taxidermist just told me that the company he was dealing with Carolina Fur Dressing which is one of the largest, most modern taxidermy tanning facilities in the world closed permanently.
This will have an impact on the whole taxidermy industry.

It seems like every year, more and more tanneries shutter their doors. I have met a few low volume taxidermists that started tanning on their own to deal with the issues with finding a tannery.

That might be a bit of an over statement but yes they sent notice to all customers in November. The letter advised they were unable to hire enough workers to staff the facility. :oops: After 40+ years in business, they closed. There are lots of other tanneries out there in the world, also the US by the way :LOL:, to absorb the load. They were good and their tans were top notch, albeit they were a little slow in getting the product back into taxidermist hands. I'd still be waiting for this past years capes right now if I was still using them. My new place got them back to me in February with several happy customers already.

Waldun nearby is fantastic.

I used them a lot and the father and son were always nice and helpful. I had my African skins sent there after clearing with an import broker and before being sent to my taxidermist. Too bad the government has ruined so many businesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross