Carl Human/Wild Africa Taxidermy

redassnavajo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a friend that was refered to them and I researched him and found a thread on here that was a little alarming as to the character of said business, but post a little dated(8 pages worth) . As I saw a post of KMG recommending taxidermist with client that had poor service , but no response from KMG as to resolution of problem with work.
Has this problem been solved or is Wild Africa on the up and up or still up to shady practice with over charging on pack/dip/ship?

Good day sir,
We have not done business with Wild Africa since this post. This was effectively one of three cases that happened in the same year. We had 5 years of perfect service from Wild Africa before this incident, so why would one not feel comfortable recommending a business who had given good quality for the 5 years before this incident? What is going on with Wild Africa Taxidermy right now, I really can't answer you and I honestly don't care. It is not my business.

When the hunter returns to hunt with us, I will fix his losses on my own terms.

You are welcome to PM me, should you require any further info.

Thank you for your concern,
Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Last edited:
I had them dip and pack our stuff in 1013 and all went well. There was a problem with wiring funds to them BUT it turned out my bank switched 2 numbers and that was the problem. It was NOT their fault. Other than that the trophies arrived in excellent shape in a well made crate and properly treated with correct paperwork.
I look to be going back this year and will use them again.

Hi, I have had two shipments from them in 2012 and 2014 and was very pleased with all my mounts cheers Graeme

@redassnavajo everything I know about Marius at KMG indicates that he is an upstanding outfitter.

The thing with taxidermists is that they are sometimes but not always associated with the outfitter. When the company does good work and takes care of business for a long period of time, years, then goes off the deep end.....it's not the outfitters fault. But the outfitter always seems to get caught in the middle.

If your friend needs a taxidermist in R SA PM me and I will give you contact info.

I cannot recall if I commented on the previous thread, but think I did.

For the record, Marius is a stand-up guy and none of the issues I had with the taxidermist are to be considered issues carrying over to his business. I have, and will continue to recommend KMG Safaris as worthy of anyone's business.

I'm not saying he is a bad guy I have heard nothing but good I just wanted some input from him as if this guy was on the up and up . As previous thread KMG was the outfitter of the client with the bad work, I didn't see followup report . Thanks for any advice.

I think the issue was with an employee that is no longer there. I cannot verify one way or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!