Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA

Screenshot (31).png

Thanks for sharing bud!

Helpful video. Thanks @gizmo !

Excellent advice! I’ve not heard of cedar guard but I’m sure it works. Is it just cedar oil?
Philip

Excellent advice! I’ve not heard of cedar guard but I’m sure it works. Is it just cedar oil?
Philip
Yes, it has conditioners also I believe.

Love ya brother, but.... Like I have said before, if you you would let @Carrie handle this it would be waaaayyyy better!!!!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Gizmo,

Got a question for you:

To dust off mounts how about the use of a swifer duster and lemon pledge?

Lightly brushing with the hair.

For the horns using a soft sponge, moderately sprayed/dampened with lemon pledge, lightly wiping down (tip to base) the full length of the horn?

Windex on a lady's soft make up brush and Q tips for the corners works well also.

Gizmo,

Got a question for you:

For the horns using a soft sponge, moderately sprayed/dampened with lemon pledge, lightly wiping down (tip to base) the full length of the horn?

Windex on a lady's soft make up brush and Q tips for the corners works well also.
I was instructed to use pledge as well when I had my first whitetail shoulder mount probably 10 years ago.

Gizmo,

Got a question for you:

So yes you can do that but be careful. You have to be very careful with furniture polish. Many now have dies and various chemicals that can stain and damage taxidermy.
I did the same for years but have found the safest and, in my opinion, best practices way to clean mounts is how I suggest in the video.

So yes you can do that but be careful. You have to be very careful with furniture polish. Many now have dies and various chemicals that can stain and damage taxidermy.
I did the same for years but have found the safest and, in my opinion, best practices way to clean mounts is how I suggest in the video.

Thanks gizmo,

I was wondering if I was misled by using Endust. I like the although temporary, the some what, shine it leaves on the horns.

And I use such a light amount, I have not considered that it might stain the hides of my trophies, nor has it showed a "waxy" build up like some polishes do on wood furniture, (which has concerned me when dusting off my mounts once every 4-6 weeks, where as I dust my wood furniture more often).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg