www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA

Screenshot (31).png

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Thanks for sharing bud!

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Helpful video. Thanks @gizmo !

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Excellent advice! I’ve not heard of cedar guard but I’m sure it works. Is it just cedar oil?
Philip

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Excellent advice! I’ve not heard of cedar guard but I’m sure it works. Is it just cedar oil?
Philip
Yes, it has conditioners also I believe.

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
Love ya brother, but.... Like I have said before, if you you would let @Carrie handle this it would be waaaayyyy better!!!!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Ridge Runner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa

Gizmo,

Got a question for you:

To dust off mounts how about the use of a swifer duster and lemon pledge?

Lightly brushing with the hair.

For the horns using a soft sponge, moderately sprayed/dampened with lemon pledge, lightly wiping down (tip to base) the full length of the horn?

Windex on a lady's soft make up brush and Q tips for the corners works well also.

DillonG

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
None
Gizmo,

Got a question for you:

For the horns using a soft sponge, moderately sprayed/dampened with lemon pledge, lightly wiping down (tip to base) the full length of the horn?

Windex on a lady's soft make up brush and Q tips for the corners works well also.
I was instructed to use pledge as well when I had my first whitetail shoulder mount probably 10 years ago.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Gizmo,

Got a question for you:

So yes you can do that but be careful. You have to be very careful with furniture polish. Many now have dies and various chemicals that can stain and damage taxidermy.
I did the same for years but have found the safest and, in my opinion, best practices way to clean mounts is how I suggest in the video.

Ridge Runner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
So yes you can do that but be careful. You have to be very careful with furniture polish. Many now have dies and various chemicals that can stain and damage taxidermy.
I did the same for years but have found the safest and, in my opinion, best practices way to clean mounts is how I suggest in the video.

Thanks gizmo,

I was wondering if I was misled by using Endust. I like the although temporary, the some what, shine it leaves on the horns.

And I use such a light amount, I have not considered that it might stain the hides of my trophies, nor has it showed a "waxy" build up like some polishes do on wood furniture, (which has concerned me when dusting off my mounts once every 4-6 weeks, where as I dust my wood furniture more often).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haroldgof

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?