Captive Lions For Sale At Safari Club International

@WebleyGreene455

In rough terms, I agree.
For "canned hunt" I would add, a relatively small enclosure. But generally, I agree.

The question that comes to mind is following:
How the client can know for certain, what kind of lion he is hunting? How to avoid being tricked?
I see what you mean. Personally, I'm OK with captive bred lions as long as they're in good health, have ample space to lion about in, even have the opportunity to form prides and make lots of cute lion cubs that can then be used to supplement existing populations, provide animals for zoos and other such facilities. And of course if a percentage of those animals are allowed to be hunted correctly and sportingly, I have no issue.

Of course I'll probably never hunt lion, wild or captive... I think half my family and many friends would disown/disavow me if I came home with a handsome pelt, skull, and claws, regardless of how I hunted him. Hell I think some would feel that way if I came home with a hyena pelt and skull!

No matter what side of the Fence your on (pun intended) we can all agree...

87433084_1275730642637265_3190547675950874624_n.jpg

Reactions: Vic
@WebleyGreene455
The question that comes to mind is following:
How the client can know for certain, what kind of lion he is hunting? How to avoid being tricked?

References ask and ask again.
Number one question is there more than one lion roaming the property?
As soon as you hear the words problem lion run!!!!
If the deal sounds to good it probarbly is a quick drop lion in a area job.
Find out if the outfitter owns the land the lions are on and if not find out who and where and then do research on them.
Ask for google co-ordinates and see the farm property for yourself if its camped/fenced in or at least sizeable

@WebleyGreene455

I think half my family and many friends would disown/disavow me if I came home with a handsome pelt, skull, and claws,

I made copy-paste, of your text, because for some reason, the function qoute, is not working on my PC... (not first time that happened to me...)

Interesting you mentioned friends:
My experience is this, majority of my friends are not hunters. Few are hunters, and few are sport target shooters, but majority of them 80% are not hunters, not-sport target shooters, and not gun owners. (and none of them is vegan or vegetarian)

As the amount of trophies started to amount on the wall in my place, nobody was least offended, or raised negative comments. Exception is daughter of my uncle, cousin, and said it is not as per her liking, but she never stopped coming for a visit or occasional coffee. So nothing has changed with increased number of exotic trophies from Africa, plus local trophies from my place.

Bottom line, you may be surprised how your true friends and acquaintances may positively react. That said, I was rasised in a family where my grandpa was hunter, and we always had venison on the table. But in Europe there is really no big cats, etc... so, I did not develop a hunters feeling to hunt large predators, big cats... as far as Africa is concerned I am more about hunting "deer-like" or "cow like" or "boar like" species like antelopes, buffalo, warthogs, or pests like jackal or bat eared foxes. I have not yet "grown" to plan or wish for lion hunt.
But generally I am not against CBL, provided it is not something like canned hunting as you have described.

This thread is heading towards hunters attacking other hunters which I can not tolerate. Most people posting about SA lion hunts know little about them and are regurgitating HSUS talking points.
DROP THIS THREAD!

Reactions: Vic
Ho
Hunt booked for August 2021. I was originally booked for October of this year, but had to push back due to some unforeseen circumstances on my end. I’ll be hunting Buff and Plains Game with Doug.
How very exciting for you! Congrats! Going to C9 in Moz then or to Zim with Doug?

Ho

How very exciting for you! Congrats! Going to C9 in Moz then or to Zim with Doug?
Thanks Scott, yup pretty excited. Going to be hunting C9 in Moz. Planning to hunt with Doug, but due to timing (August) it may depend on what he has going on at Sengwa.

Ditto Blues Brother Hunting Lions in pens is an abomination and a black eye for hunting...

“They’re bred in captivity. They’re born in captivity, and then they’re released,” a salesman for Bush Africa Safaris, a South African tour operator, says in the video. “There’s guys who are going to tell you something different on the floor, they’re going to bulls--t you, that is what it is.”

Salesmen from two other safari operators also confirmed they had captive-bred lions for sale, including advertising a "bargain rate" of $8,000 for a ranch in South Africa.
Hunters must support all legal hunting, period. Don't play by the Anti's rules and be divided against other legal hunters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross