Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Cape Town has a micro climate differenct from the rest of South Africa, with June being a rainy month.

Cape Town storm: Five killed as drought ends
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-40185177

Five people have been killed by a storm in Cape Town that South African media dubbed "the mother of all storms".

Schools and universities have had to shut, roofs were blown off and shelters have been opened for those left destitute.

The storm comes at the end of the region's worst drought in a century.

The BBC's Mo Allie in Cape Town reports that before the storm, there had been several interfaith prayer group meetings praying for rain.

Our correspondent adds that the storm was anticipated and warnings have been made by the local authorities for the last week.

Among the dead is a family of four killed in a fire started by lightning, said Western Cape Disaster Management spokesman James-Brent Styan.

He added that many people had been injured by flying debris.

BBC weather forecaster Philip Avery warns that Wednesday could bring in excess of 50mm of rain to some western areas of South Africa, accompanied by winds of 60-90km/h.

Coastal areas face the additional hazard of high tides, reinforced by storm waves, some of which may reach 10m.

Thursday should see conditions easing but a passing cold front will introduce much cooler weather in all areas.

In May, the Western Cape province declared a drought disaster after two reservoirs were already completely dry.

Southern African nations are reeling from a two-year drought.

The UN estimates that over 40 million people have been affected by the drought that was caused by the El Nino climate phenomenon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Sad.

Sorry to read some people were killed and injured.

50mm is welcomed, we need quite a bit more to fill up the dams and soak the earth though.

So far not a drop has fallen here in the Eastern Cape. We hope to get some tomorrow (Thursday).

//Gus

//Gus

Sorry to read some people were killed and injured.

50mm is welcomed, we need quite a bit more to fill up the dams and soak the earth though.

So far not a drop has fallen here in the Eastern Cape. We hope to get some tomorrow (Thursday).

//Gus

//Gus
Agree, the drought is far from over. The wind is the killer at present. I don't think us in the Eastern Cape will get any though.

That is sad..... Reminds me of when I was near Durban in May of 2016..... They had been in drought, then got like 20" of rain in 24 hours..... roads were like raging rivers. fortunately for us, we just witnessed on TV. Devastating no less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theron03S

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!