Cape Buffalo with a handgun

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
My good friend Steve Scott just returned from an excellent safari with Jacques at Hartzview. He took this beautiful buffalo with a .500 S&W handgun. You can catch the hunt on an upcoming episode of, The Ocean Corporation’s Safari Hunter’s Journal.

SS 500.jpg

I really enjoy his show when I can. His opinions and outlook on conservation and hunting are spot on. He is also a professor here in oklahoma. Congrats to both steve and jacques on a fine buff and look
forward to seeing the episode.

Pretty neat accomplishment.

What does the Agent, Outfitter and Client have in common?

They have all shown up at the AH dinner at DSC.

All the best.

They have all shown up at the AH dinner at DSC.

All the best.

Which we will be having again despite the lack of announcement from yours truly.

Which we will be having again despite the lack of announcement from yours truly.

Hard to believe it is only 5 months to go.

Appreciate your willingness to coordinate it Phil. You can go ahead and put me down for one.

All the best.

Looking forward to my attempt with a .480 Ruger handgun for buff in a couple years.

Not a big fan of Steve and the show. Too many hunts and not enough excitement when taking the animals. Too far removed from folks that have to save for years to pay for their own hunts.

this looks like a really fun hunting experience. Not many people can say that they have taken a cape buff, let alone taking one with a handgun.

FYI, if you are a big handgun hunter (or just a fan of big bore handguns) I have a post about Bowen Classic Arms revolvers, which seem to be pretty popular amongst the handgun hunters of the big five.

Thank you James for setting us up with Steve! We had a great safari and I would recommend people to watch the show!

Looking forward on seeing you guys in January! Time for some cold beers.....!!!!!

ballsy effort ,(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg