Cape Buffalo Targets

Discussion in 'Shot Placement' started by Ed Lally, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Ed Lally

Ed Lally AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, South Africa
    The Bad News - my Cape Buffalo Hunt in Zimbabwe scheduled for May 2020 is delayed until May 2021. The Good News - Everyone has been great and provided full credit and new reservations for 2021. The Side Effect - I have another year to prepare and be more ready than otherwise. I have been shooting a lot at our gun club, which has been permitted to stay open (club house and indoor facilities closed) however, shooting at 9" black targets on white backgrounds, both off sticks, off hand and during "run and gun" exercises, is not as realistic as shooting at the real thing or at least something that looks like the real thing. I have been searching for life sized or reduced sized Cape Buffalo targets and can not find any. Does anyone have a source for full or reduced sized Cape Buffalo targets. Thanks for your help. Ed

2. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:

3. SABENA1

SABENA1 New Member

Hello Ed,
    Safari press is selling life-size and reduced size buffalo posters for 39.95 US.
    Brgds,
    Marc

Ridgewalker likes this.

4. Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
    Yep, got mine at Safari Press. They seem to always have their best deals at the end of summer. I buy lots of targets, books and dvds then.

I need to try the one Jerome mentioned.

5. Mark Biggerstaff

Mark Biggerstaff SILVER SUPPORTER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Jim at African Sporting Creations has life size buffalo targets. Got mine there.

6. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    ed unless you just want a buff target you don’t need it! If you can take a paper plate and draw lines from 12 to 6 and 9 to 3 o’clock and hit pretty close to where the two cross at 100 yards ....your good. That’s as good as the target needs to be. The big thing is to Study the shot placement guide here on AH to understand where to hit the beast! Then your golden. However, I can imagine shooting at a life size target would be a lot of fun. What you have been doing at the gun club is perfect for getting ready.

7. Mr. 16 gauge

Mr. 16 gauge AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I draw my own...........get some old refrigerator boxes and draw what you want, then paint them up with poster paints.