www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Gentlemen,
We are offering two of these combo packages for 2018. The reason why we can only offer two, is because we only have two Spotted Hyena permits in our premier area. There was a 2 year stint where we could not obtain permits for this area, but this has changed from this year. (2017)
Cape Buffalo are plenty, so can still be done as a stand alone hunt, or as a combo hunt with other big game or plains game down in the Eastern Cape. If you wish to do so, please contact us.

Permits on Spotted Hyena are getting more and more difficult to obtain, so if it something on your list, this is the offer for you.
Extra hunting days can be added at $250 per day. Observers welcome at $150 per night.

8 nights, with 7 full hunting days for one hunter hunting 1x1, including the following trophy animals:

1x Cape Buffalo Bull
1x Spotted Hyena

Total: $13,600

Alternatively, the hunt can be done with a Buffalo Cow as follows:

8 nights, with 7 full hunting days for one hunter hunting 1x1, including the following trophy animals:
1x Buffalo Cow
1x Spotted Hyena

Total: $8400

The following are included in your Safari:
All accommodation, food and beverages( Wines and Beers incl.) for the duration of the Safari
Services of a licensed professional hunter, tracker and ground staff
Transport to and from the airport as well as all ground transport for the duration of the Safari
Field preparation of trophies and forwarding them to a taxidermist or shipping agent of your choice.
14% Government Tax on day rates.
Hunting License.
All Permits.

The following are excluded in your Safari:
Dipping, packaging or any processing of trophies
Shipping charges for your trophies to your own country.
All flights
Accommodation before and after your safari dates.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

DSC_0392.JPG
DSC_0801.JPG

Thats a great deal Marius!

You're trying your best to get me in hot shit with Sandy................ Thought we were friends.

That is why Sandy gets to hunt the Cape Buffalo, and you get to hunt the Spotted Hyena. Problem solved.

A great opportunity for some lucky hunter!

Marius, can you tell us where the hunt will take place and size of property we would be hunting? Also what is the best time of the year to conduct this hunt? What kind of deposit is required to hold the hunt? What would the average size of the buff we would be hunting? Thanks Kurt

Hi Kurt,
Area would be in the Limpopo province, and the size is several thousand acres. Best time of the year, I personally like around April/ May as It is not too far away from the rainy season, as drought would have an impact on your hunt. If there are dead animals lying around, it does not exactly help your cause on the Hyena. This certainly does not mean that you wont have success later in the year. this is just my preference.
Size on the buff that you can expect will be 36-40" hard bossed bull.
Regarding the deposit, 10% will be sufficient, with the balance payable upon the completion of the safari.

Take Care,
Marius

Do you still have buff and hippo hunts for 2018 left?

Fisi would be a great addition to any trophy room!

Would the be hunted over bait?

Do you still have buff and hippo hunts for 2018 left?

Yes sir, we do. Please send me an email or PM, and I will be happy to forward an offer to you.

Marius,
When you say several thousand acres, can you give a better guesstimate. Nice offer.

This area is 7500 acres. I would not recommend doing this hunt during our warmer season, as vegetation is still thick before the leaves have fallen, and I prefer to see a little distance at what we are chasing. I have hunted the area during late season, and it is no fun when you can only see a couple of yards in front of you. The go-away birds make it difficult enough to sneak up on the Buffalo as it is. This area, we've had Lions come through the fence before. Elephants also walk over the fence every now and so often. These are the same holes that the Hyenas use to come in.

Marius, what airport would we meet you at since you are located in the EC? I also noticed if we fill our buff/hyena tags we could hunt plains game in the EC, is there no chance to hunt the same area for plains game as the buff? Thanks Kurt

Marius, what airport would we meet you at since you are located in the EC? I also noticed if we fill our buff/hyena tags we could hunt plains game in the EC, is there no chance to hunt the same area for plains game as the buff? Thanks Kurt

Hunters are met at Johannesburg Airport, then we will drive to the hunting area. Regarding the plains game, there are certainly plains game available, but some of the species are more expensive than down in the Eastern Cape, so price wise, it actually makes sense to relocate to the Eastern Cape. Should we only have let say, two days left, it would make sense to just hunt the plains game in the Buff/Hyena area.

Last edited:
Man someone needs to book...I want a spotted hyena too.

I'm guessing that the spotted hyena is importable? I seem to recall there is at least one species that cannot be brought back to the States.

As ugly as these critters are, I'd love to have one as a full mount in the corner

ArmyGrunt

Yes the spotted hyena is fully importable to the states.

Its the brown hyena that cant be imported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg