Cape buffalo safaris recommendations

Depends on what you want in a hunt, if it’s fenced I would look at a area with at least 20,000 acres. I did a hunt with Wintershoek 3 years ago in a fenced area of that size and never saw the fence. Next year I’m going after Cape Buffalo in the Caprivi Strip where there are no fences. My first Buffalo hunt was in a smaller fenced area about 8,000 acres it was on foot so a good hunt but the animals where spooky so very hard to get a good shot at.

Depends on the experience you want as well as the buffalo. In the Caprivi, I could not more highly recommend Jamy Traut. https://jamyhunts.com/ In Mozambique's Zambezi Delta then I can recommend Grant Taylor's Mashambanzou Safaris https://www.mashambanzousafaris.com/ If you are interested in a South African ranch hunt, then Phillip Bronkhorst http://www.pbsafaris.com/ can put together a great challenging hunt.

Would love the forums response to recommendations on hunting cape buffalo locations. Several outfitters are offering deals on any size. Africa Sun Safaris is one. Thoughts?
Grant

Hi Grant,
I think the first thing that you need to establish, is what you are looking to get out of your hunt.
If you could list what you would like to achieve during your Cape Buffalo hunt, that would be a starting point in informing other outfitters if they can offer what you are looking for.
For some hunters, price is the main factor, even above experience.
We have a saying in the industry. Many people have shot Cape Buffalo, but how many have hunted one?
All the best with your research, and please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

@Grant Jones you also bring size and offers into your question..... So that's not looking for a hunt in basically anywhere but SA.....as marius said more information..... So people don't waste their time trying to help..... But without that information it's a waste of time...... I know people I and another friend from Zambia who is on here have done our best to assist by giving information, and all contact details to these people asking same question as you are....but not one of the outfitters were ever contacted by the persons asking for information..... So......................

Good day Grant,

As many mentioned above I also think it is important for you to know what you are looking for in the hunt.

Free range, fenced and if fenced how big the minimum area must be. Do you want to hunt hard on foot or more of a spot and stalk hunt. All these factors will influence the price of your hunt.

We have several different options all over Africa and everyone is different and offer a different experience.

If you have more specific questions, please feel free to contact me any time.

All my best,

Jacques

Dear Grant.
Buffalo is what we do and if you had to go into my Outfitters page on this forum you will see many good results.
Please feel free to email me at . info@spearsafaris.com for more info, RSA as well as Tanzania.
Cheers
Ernest

Hi Grant

We do a couple buff a year on our area of 5400ha+. Its a great hunt and in barying terrain
These are wily , wild, self sustaining herds of buff that know they are hunted

Hope you find what you are looking for and if you need any info feel free to ask

Regards

Would love the forums response to recommendations on hunting cape buffalo locations. Several outfitters are offering deals on any size. Africa Sun Safaris is one. Thoughts?
Grant
Hi Grant

Matetsi Safari Area in Zimbabwe is undoubtedly one of the finest free-range Cape Buffalo hunting areas in Africa.

We hunt out of an old colonial style lodge and offer the best bush-cuisine as well as all the creature comforts that you might require on your hunt.

We are also ideally situated to Victoria Falls which makes for easy transfers and access to all the extra activities that it has to offer.

Any questions? Give us a shout. Otherwise, wishing you the best for your upcoming hunt!

Good Day Grant

You are most welcome to contact me to discuss your specific requirements and what you are looking for in a hunt.

We have a few options available with my own property being close to 10 000 acres and sustainable herds of buffalo.We are in the Waterberg area of Limpopo.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Rouan

If you go to a fenced area, do your homework and be certain that the type of experience you get is the one you wanted. Visited a 5k acre fenced farm in RSA. There were a few buffalo, sable, lots of black wildebeest. I thought i was at a zoo. All those animals were so used to trucks you get within 50 yds. All were docile, I left after 2 days without firing a shot. Then went to 50k acre game farm in Botswana. Truly wild animals in that location, stayed a week and kept skinners busy.

Good day Grant

I noted your interest in Cape Buffalo. Game Trackers Africa (GTA) is a long standing Outfitting operation facilitating predominantly free-ranging safaris in Tanzania, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and Cameroon. Our South African concessions are large fenced areas ranging from 4000 acres to in excess of 10000 acres.

GTA's diverse offering in Safari areas in five countries provides clients with more flexibility to tailor their Safari to fit their specific need considering their planned journey, experience expectation and with specie diversity for your selection.

You are welcome to contact us with your specific needs or a general plan and we can assist to tailor your Safari for consideration.

Stay safe and kind regards

Hello @Grant Jones,

Have you found your buffalo safari sir?

Let me know if you have any questions sir.

All my best,

Jacques

Hello Grant,

We offer Caprivi Strip / Zambezi Region of Namibia buffalo hunts, riverine environment, not game fenced, plentiful buffalo and other species.
Have a peep at our web site (Khomas Highland Hinting Safaris) when you have a minute, especially our video segment on buffalo.

No matter who you end up booking with, I look forward to reading your hunt report.
Stay safe and have fun.

Cheers,
Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross