Website
www.youtube.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, Philippines, USA, South Africa
One of my bucket list items is a Buffalo bow hunt. I’m a Pastor and don’t have a lot of money, but I’m saving and hoping to plan something before I get too old.

I’m considering doing a cow hunt cause they’re about 1/3 the price of a bull. Does anyone have any input about that? Would the challenge Of the hunt be similarly? Would a cow shoulder mount still look good?

Thanks for your help!

I personally don't think it will look nice.

I have the perfect setup for you.

Email me and let's work with your budget and make it happen!

info@safaricoafrica.com

Welcome to AH! You would be surprised at how many due shoulder mounts and euros on the cows. It is the same exciting hunt as in some cases more difficult as the cows stay together so you have more eyes and noses. And that are just as salty as the bulls. Will PM you

One of my bucket list items is a Buffalo bow hunt. I’m a Pastor and don’t have a lot of money, but I’m saving and hoping to plan something before I get too old.

I’m considering doing a cow hunt cause they’re about 1/3 the price of a bull. Does anyone have any input about that? Would the challenge Of the hunt be similarly? Would a cow shoulder mount still look good?

Thanks for your help!

Agree that a cow buffalo mount doesn't present as well as a hard boss bull.

The other thing to keep in mind is that bowhunting dangerous game has a variety of challenges. Some people are adamant they want their trophy to be in the record book, meaning it needs to be killed by an arrow. That results in significantly higher risks because you're telling the PH not to shoot the animal. You're also going in after wounded game typically putting safety on the line which results in higher prices for "hazard pay". Then there are the challenges of stalking close enough with a bow which means the success odds go down versus rifle.

Bow hunting is really cool. African Dangerous Game Archery is a complicated topic. Do your research on whether it is right for you in light of all the facts. I've been as close as maybe 10 yards away from Dangerous Game with a rifle and at that distance there was no shot even with a rifle...just too dense of cover. In other situations, I couldn't get inside of 150 yards because there was no cover and the dry leaves made close stalks impossible. Had I been an archer, I would have died taking the 10-yard shot possibly and thus had no shot. Had I been an archer, I would have been skunked altogether on the hunt where close stalking was impossible.

Welcome welcome welcome

I too have been dreaming of hunting a hard boss nasty old bull with my bow. I have been talking with a outfitter about hunting in SA and even met him at a show to talk hunting. I can hunt any hardboss bull up to 42inch for 8,000 on 30,000 acres. I think i would rather pay more and hunt a more remote country someday with free range buff. Several years ago i was going to shoot a cow for 3,000 on my 2nd safari, but those buffalo wasn't a challenge at all. So make sure that there nasty and have been hunted

Good Day Bowhunter

Welcome to AH.

I would be glad to assist you within your budget.We have cows and bulls available and I can assure you the cow hunt is just as challenging and dangerous as the bulls.

Please let me know if we can be of any assistance.

Regards

Rouan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg