Can't get my rifle to shoot straight

Might seem like a poor suggestion, but I would try a box of Norma onyx loads thru this. Norma specs are cIP not SAAMI and they have loaded millions of rounds in this caliber and also seats the bullet there.
I used Geco ammo which I believe is under the RES/Norma umbrella. It shoot the worst out all the ammo I tried. S&B shot the least worst but still inches off each shot.....

I think it is too late, but my suggestion would have been to contact the manufacturer and see if they would take it back and check it. Given all that has been tried, I think it must be a bad barrel.
In the works. Unfortunately I Hey USA support is lacking. I have been working with my contact at Hey AG in Germany and sent it off to a recommended gunsmith here in the US

Well, Igot an update. I spoke with JJ, he could find nothing wrong. As he said "I can't find out why the rifle is misbehaving" He is sending it back to me. Who knows, the mystery continues.......

The only good new is I am moving back to Germany this summer so as soon as I can get my guns back over I will bring it to the Heym factory and let them try to fix it.

After many hours and many rounds I am at a loss of what could be causing my rifle to basically "fling" rounds downrange. I have a Heym SR-21 in 6.5x55 I bought while in Germany (Synthetic stock) I didn't shoot it much in Germany but when I got back to the US I shot it more and I could never get it to shoot straight. I have tried many different brands/weights of ammo and while some lighter (131g) ammo reduces the effect they still all over the target. I changed scope/rings (it has picitiny rail bonded to the receiver from the factory) I took it to a gun smith who told it had copper fouling. Cleaned and removed the fouling. Heym then told me the stocks produced in that period were problematic so I replaced it with a GRS stock. Same results. See picture.

I am thinking there is an issue with the barrel or headspace? I don't know much about head space but I am really scratching my head as to what is causing this. I do know that proper head space is important. Anyone have an ideas/suggestions?

View attachment 250425
I once had a similar problem with a Remington and it turned out to be the rifling. It was a bad barrel basically with what the gunsmith called chatter in the rifling. Sold it and got something else. You should do the same and save yourself the time and trouble.
Philip

Refer back to my post on page one, i.e, time for a new barrel.

Did the gunsmith say that it misbehaved for him?

You need to go through the issues one at a time... scope and mounts first. Then bedding in the stock, then barrel and chamber, then ammunition, etc. Start with an assessment by a good 'smith on the entire rifle. I bet that you can find the problem with a logical approach.

You need to go through the issues one at a time... scope and mounts first. Then bedding in the stock, then barrel and chamber, then ammunition, etc. Start with an assessment by a good 'smith on the entire rifle. I bet that you can find the problem with a logical approach.

To the best of my knowledge, that's all been done.

As others have said... barrel, barrel or barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg