Cancer diagnosis for christmas

Ive been a surgeon over 30 years specializing in cancer! And the survival rates of colorectal cancer
has improved each year! With neoadjuvent chemotherapy and radiation we are able to down stage almost all rectal cancers so surgery is much more successful. Now with the addition of new biological
drugs we have dramatically altered this disease!
I can't emphasize to much how keeping the faith and a positive attitude are so important. Each step in the treatment is one more hurtle and your way to full recovery! I have several thousand cancer survivors in my practice and they are my heroes, I look forward to adding you to that list!
Surgeon1, I don't know you, but as with all those who have responded, I love you all! The overwhelmingly positive responses have done so much to buoy our thoughts. Thank you, and please keep in touch. We will be needing your positive thoughts as we face this crisis in the near future!!!

You will most certainly be in my prayers. Despite the diagnosis I hope you are able to have a wonderful Christmas with those you love. God will see you through this and you will be most certainly hunting mountain goats in no time.
I just got home from dinner at Kevin's house. It was perfect. Thanks Gizmo for your thoughts.

My brother and I have hunted all over he world together. Turkey, bear, and African game. Kevin is my brother, and business partner, and my hunting buddy. I do not intend to lose him to this insidious disease. Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I want you to know they mean a lot to Kevin and to myself. We will make that Mountain Goat hunt next year, and a trip to Africa the year after. All I can say is I love you guys, and I thanks you for caring enough to respond!

My prayers are with you! One comment to consider is to go on a ketogenic diet. Cancer lives on sugar and can be starved in many cases with the keto diet. I am not a dr just a friend who has studied this a bit. Do what your dr says but add a keto diet. I know it’s hard but worth it.
Blessings,
Philip
I just lifted you up in prayer and cursed your cancer and loosed your healing

guys I cant thank you enough for all the responses!

We are all rooting for you, Kevin. With all the new technology available--YOU GOT IT LICKED, MAN!! Keep a strong attitude and think positive. And be sure to take oodles of pix of your goat and write us a stirring account of your hunt.

Will be praying for your full recovery. May the Lord bless your life and may He guide your doctors as they set a course of treatment.

You will remain in my prayers @kevin masters. Keep us up to date on you road to recovery.
Who will you be goat hunting with next year?

Sorry to hear that but commit to fight it and make that hunt and many more! We are all here for you when you need a pick me up if the going gets tough. Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!

You will remain in my prayers @kevin masters. Keep us up to date on you road to recovery.
Who will you be goat hunting with next year?

I always hunt with my best friend and brother jeff masters, our guide will be Jim Philips
of annahootz Alaskan adventures. also a good friend!

I’m sorry to hear your news. Keep the faith and know that I join the others in keeping you in thoughts and prayers as you journey through it and go on that hunt and many more. Happy Holidays to you and yours. We’re behind you.

The diagnosis of cancer is not something I would want to hear either, but it is beatable. Our neighbor was diagnosed with colon cancer at stage 4 a couple of years ago. While she had a rough time with the chemo and surgery, she is back to doing the things she used to do. As the surgeon said, they improve treatments each year, so plan on your hunt!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope" (CSB)

This is the verse that I refer to whenever I have what seems like insurmountable challenges, I hope it brings you comfort as well. And you're on my prayer list as well.

Well gentlemen I feel like I am dipping at the well pretty frequently but My dad who is my
second closest friend in the world is lying in the hospital awaiting bypass surgery!
While I feel unbelievably blessed that my brother was able to get him to the VA with
minimal complications I cant help but worry! so I come to you tonight once again and ask
for prayer! thank you so much for all the kind words and prayers for my situation and thank you in advance for lifting up my dad Russell Masters!!!!

Kevin, you’ve certainly got mine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,