Cancer diagnosis for christmas

I have been a member here for almost four years and have really enjoyed my time spent on the forum!
My first safari was 2018 and I received an incredible amount of information and some very helpful opinions and
insights. Something that I have really appreciated about the forum is the sense of community and comradery
that most seem to share! Well I have received a stage three rectal cancer diagnosis and have got to admit it is a little
daunting. I am secure in my faith and I know god has a plan but there is still a lot of uncertainty. I put a contract for a mountain goat
hunt in Alaska on our refrigerator that was supposed to be for December 2020 and is now taking place in 2021!
I intend to make that hunt, lol!!
So to make a long story short I would sure appreciate any prayers the same way I have appreciated all the insight!
I’ll be praying for you buddy get this thing whipped and get that goat!

prayers and good thoughts to you, Kevin. small world i'm sending prayers from ULH, beautiful downtown Louavull.

Sorry to hear this Kevin.

My wife has gone through it, twice, and prevailed, so yes, it can be done.

Above all, stay positive.

Wish you the very best.

Ive been a surgeon over 30 years specializing in cancer! And the survival rates of colorectal cancer
has improved each year! With neoadjuvent chemotherapy and radiation we are able to down stage almost all rectal cancers so surgery is much more successful. Now with the addition of new biological
drugs we have dramatically altered this disease!
I can't emphasize to much how keeping the faith and a positive attitude are so important. Each step in the treatment is one more hurtle and your way to full recovery! I have several thousand cancer survivors in my practice and they are my heroes, I look forward to adding you to that list!

“...Where two or more ask for something in my name it shall be given..” there are already 65 prayers for you Kevin! Somehow I get the feeling you are going to win this one!
Prayer sent!

You will most certainly be in my prayers. Despite the diagnosis I hope you are able to have a wonderful Christmas with those you love. God will see you through this and you will be most certainly hunting mountain goats in no time.

Ive been a surgeon over 30 years specializing in cancer! And the survival rates of colorectal cancer
has improved each year! With neoadjuvent chemotherapy and radiation we are able to down stage almost all rectal cancers so surgery is much more successful. Now with the addition of new biological
drugs we have dramatically altered this disease!
I can't emphasize to much how keeping the faith and a positive attitude are so important. Each step in the treatment is one more hurtle and your way to full recovery! I have several thousand cancer survivors in my practice and they are my heroes, I look forward to adding you to that list!

Damn you don't know how comforting this is!
Thank you sir!!!!

Very sorry to hear of your upcoming challenge...especially at this time of year. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts for sure. As so many others have already stated, keep a positive attitude and take this head on with all the support of others. My sister has beaten cancer twice now. She never seemed to be the strong type and we were all terrified for her, but she showed a strength and positivity we never knew she possessed. Keep your goals in sight and fight my friend!

I have been a member here for almost four years and have really enjoyed my time spent on the forum!
My first safari was 2018 and I received an incredible amount of information and some very helpful opinions and
insights. Something that I have really appreciated about the forum is the sense of community and comradery
that most seem to share! Well I have received a stage three rectal cancer diagnosis and have got to admit it is a little
daunting. I am secure in my faith and I know god has a plan but there is still a lot of uncertainty. I put a contract for a mountain goat
hunt in Alaska on our refrigerator that was supposed to be for December 2020 and is now taking place in 2021!
So to make a long story short I would sure appreciate any prayers the same way I have appreciated all the insight!
@kevin masters
Are prayers are with you and your family at this time along with all those that are having difficulty and facing uncertainty. We pray you find a good surgeon and have a speedy recovery.
Bob Nelson and family

that is an awesome goat, I would be very pleased indeed! Thank you for the support!
I have looked up those mountains from the shore line hope I'm up to the climb!
That's one reason we are going in late December hoping those boys will be a little lower,lol

I look forward to the snowy picture with your real mug in the photo, without aid of Photoshop. LOL

You are in our prayers, Kevin. God bless and enjoy your hunt!

Kevin
My family’s prayers go out to you. Stay strong in faith. My sons are heavily involved robotic surgery and highly recommend if possible look at this route.
Ed

Stay positive brother. And keep faith. All the best to you and I pray for your speedy recovery. I just did my goat hunt back in September. One of the greatest experiences of my life. Get well so you can experience it for yourself.

I look forward to the snowy picture with your real mug in the photo, without aid of Photoshop. LOL
I have laughed about that all day!

Christmas prayers for you. I will be pulling for you to make that mountain goat hunt.

Will be remembering you in thoughts and prayers. Be strong and keep the faith. God will see you though this matter. Follow his guidance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg