Cancer diagnosis for christmas

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
I have been a member here for almost four years and have really enjoyed my time spent on the forum!
My first safari was 2018 and I received an incredible amount of information and some very helpful opinions and
insights. Something that I have really appreciated about the forum is the sense of community and comradery
that most seem to share! Well I have received a stage three rectal cancer diagnosis and have got to admit it is a little
daunting. I am secure in my faith and I know god has a plan but there is still a lot of uncertainty. I put a contract for a mountain goat
hunt in Alaska on our refrigerator that was supposed to be for December 2020 and is now taking place in 2021!
I intend to make that hunt, lol!!
So to make a long story short I would sure appreciate any prayers the same way I have appreciated all the insight!
I’ll be praying for you buddy get this thing whipped and get that goat!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Sorry to hear this Kevin.

My wife has gone through it, twice, and prevailed, so yes, it can be done.

Above all, stay positive.

Wish you the very best.

Surgeon1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Ive been a surgeon over 30 years specializing in cancer! And the survival rates of colorectal cancer
has improved each year! With neoadjuvent chemotherapy and radiation we are able to down stage almost all rectal cancers so surgery is much more successful. Now with the addition of new biological
drugs we have dramatically altered this disease!
I can't emphasize to much how keeping the faith and a positive attitude are so important. Each step in the treatment is one more hurtle and your way to full recovery! I have several thousand cancer survivors in my practice and they are my heroes, I look forward to adding you to that list!

John Telford

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Phasa ,SA Wingshooters, Botswana Tourism (HATAB), Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association PAAA.
Hunted
South Africa , Botswana,
“...Where two or more ask for something in my name it shall be given..” there are already 65 prayers for you Kevin! Somehow I get the feeling you are going to win this one!
Prayer sent!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
You will most certainly be in my prayers. Despite the diagnosis I hope you are able to have a wonderful Christmas with those you love. God will see you through this and you will be most certainly hunting mountain goats in no time.

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
Ive been a surgeon over 30 years specializing in cancer! And the survival rates of colorectal cancer
has improved each year! With neoadjuvent chemotherapy and radiation we are able to down stage almost all rectal cancers so surgery is much more successful. Now with the addition of new biological
drugs we have dramatically altered this disease!
I can't emphasize to much how keeping the faith and a positive attitude are so important. Each step in the treatment is one more hurtle and your way to full recovery! I have several thousand cancer survivors in my practice and they are my heroes, I look forward to adding you to that list!

Damn you don't know how comforting this is!
Thank you sir!!!!

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Very sorry to hear of your upcoming challenge...especially at this time of year. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts for sure. As so many others have already stated, keep a positive attitude and take this head on with all the support of others. My sister has beaten cancer twice now. She never seemed to be the strong type and we were all terrified for her, but she showed a strength and positivity we never knew she possessed. Keep your goals in sight and fight my friend!

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
I have been a member here for almost four years and have really enjoyed my time spent on the forum!
My first safari was 2018 and I received an incredible amount of information and some very helpful opinions and
insights. Something that I have really appreciated about the forum is the sense of community and comradery
that most seem to share! Well I have received a stage three rectal cancer diagnosis and have got to admit it is a little
daunting. I am secure in my faith and I know god has a plan but there is still a lot of uncertainty. I put a contract for a mountain goat
hunt in Alaska on our refrigerator that was supposed to be for December 2020 and is now taking place in 2021!
So to make a long story short I would sure appreciate any prayers the same way I have appreciated all the insight!
@kevin masters
Are prayers are with you and your family at this time along with all those that are having difficulty and facing uncertainty. We pray you find a good surgeon and have a speedy recovery.
Bob Nelson and family

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
that is an awesome goat, I would be very pleased indeed! Thank you for the support!
I have looked up those mountains from the shore line hope I'm up to the climb!
That's one reason we are going in late December hoping those boys will be a little lower,lol

I look forward to the snowy picture with your real mug in the photo, without aid of Photoshop. LOL

tn4lee

AH member
Reaction score
You are in our prayers, Kevin. God bless and enjoy your hunt!

Tucketed

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Kevin
My family’s prayers go out to you. Stay strong in faith. My sons are heavily involved robotic surgery and highly recommend if possible look at this route.
Ed

Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Stay positive brother. And keep faith. All the best to you and I pray for your speedy recovery. I just did my goat hunt back in September. One of the greatest experiences of my life. Get well so you can experience it for yourself.

MS 9x56

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Christmas prayers for you. I will be pulling for you to make that mountain goat hunt.

Buffalo1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Pope & Young Club; DSC; SCI; Ms Bowhunters Assoc
Hunted
Will be remembering you in thoughts and prayers. Be strong and keep the faith. God will see you though this matter. Follow his guidance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8live

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.