Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI,DSC,RMEF,MDF,NRA
Hunted
US, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, New Zealand RSA, Namibia, Zambia, Mozambique,Tanzania
I bought a hunt with Authentic African Adventures in SA Limpopo at a PF banquet last year. 4 hunters, 10 days, includes impala or blesbok & jackal. All others at their trophy fees. 2 of my party canceled at the 10th hour. It is booked for July 3-12 hunts days, with arrival & departure days on either end. ONLY $775 per hunter, which is one fourth what I bought it for. Their trophy fees are same or higher than others, but saving about $4000 up front. Me & the other are flying a day early to see Joburg, as is our 1st trip, so arriving June 30th. Staying a couple nights at the City Lodge. Flying back evening of the 13th. Normal pickup was from Polokwane, but I asked to be picked up in Joburg for added cost of $200 per hunter for pickup & delivery. I visited with them in Vegas at the SCI convention. I really felt comfortable with them. I emailed all their references & all were very good. Spoke with a guy with Nosler in Vegas & he said they go there often & always have a great time/hunt. Looking for someone serious & maybe flying from Denver.

I have to agree with Savage Hunter. Their trophy fees are basically 30 to 60% higher than many of the outfitters that advertise on here. Your offer is excellent if someone wants to go and enjoy the trip and not necessarily hunt a lot of animals. Always a pain when people bail on you. I hope you are able to find someone fill your openings. Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck with selling your hunts. I agree with Savage Hunter ... the plainsgame fees are pretty high!

Last edited by a moderator:
they donate a lot of hunts to RMEF, MDF, PF. So, they are helping these local chapters with fundraising & I presume recoop their $ through trophy fees. As much as I want a kudu, I may pass due to the price. Of course I'm hoping I go again someday to get one. with careful selection, I think I'll not be any higher than some other package hunt prices, given the price I paid to begin with.

@gebo824 I really wish I could as I'm in the Denver area, but I've booked a hunt for June 2017 and I have to be in Orlando on July 12 for work. Is that an Impala/blesbok and jackal for each hunter? My wife would kill me, but it is tempting.

Yes, for each hunter. If you can't go, know anyone else near denver?

I'll ask around as I do have other friends and family that have been or want to go. I'll let you know.

I almost forgot to ask, is the method of take hunter's choice, or rifle only?

Goodluck finding replacement hunters. I would have to agree with others, the price list must be one of the most expensive prices I have seen, 690$ for a baboon? But guess you would be saving enough on day rates.

Wish you well on your trip. And good luck on your hunt. Obviously you have researched some prices on here. You might let the outfitter know that and see if he will offer a reasonable price on that kudu.

Be very careful "touring" Joberg. Seems a little like going on a tour of Detroit. Might be great stuff to see, if you don't get mugged or killed in the process. If I was doing it, I would want my PH with me, armed. Lots of great places to visit in RSA. Maybe I'm overly paranoid about big cities, but I have always wanted to get back out of Joberg as quickly as possible. A connecting flight so I don't even need to leave the airport being my preference.

There are great things to see in Joburg, but damn you had better pay attention.
There are areas in any big city that would give me pause to go into. Joburg is no exception.
If you don't know what you are up to, get a driver to show you around.

Personally I would give Joberg a big swerve, full of baboons. It is a shame your mates bailed on you but I have to say those trophy fees are extotionate.
Markcz

Goodluck finding replacement hunters. I would have to agree with others, the price list must be one of the most expensive prices I have seen, 690$ for a baboon? But guess you would be saving enough on day rates.

That's not high for a white, golden or even a saddle back baboon...

Best of luck.

Welcome to the site and hope you can find someone to fill the gap!

Welcome to the site. Hunted with AAA a year ago and can whole heartily recommend them. If I could break free this year I would buy and go, but that silly work thing keeps getting in the way.

This is where I think SCI and other orgs go really wrong: they attempt to defy a LAW of economics.

No cost in any transaction isn't ultimately passed on to the customer.

So in a hunt bought at a banquet it can only go two ways:

1.) they donate a hunt and then up charge all other customers to cover this marketing expense

2.) they "donate" a hunt that is actually no deal at all because they intend to charge fees for transport, bags, or some other incidentals to overcome the fiction of "free or included"

I realize this may sound cynical but it is a law of capitalism so don't get mad at me. :(

I wish SCI wouldn't shake down outfitters for donations because it usually goes poorly for either the seller, the buyer or both.

I'd rather see Outfitters write a check to donate to causes and get rid of these blurred lines in their pricing models.

I almost forgot to ask, is the method of take hunter's choice, or rifle only?

Hunters choice, I think. I'm using rifle.

Thanks to all about caution in Joburg. I wouldn't go walk around anyway, so would get a driver to go to a few places. Mainly to get the gifts for fam out of the way.

I'm not critical of the deal. I won't be out much more than a package deal bought directly. Kyne showed me a pic of a 60+ kudu, so they appear to have very good quality. BTW, it was a Pheasant Forever banquet I bought it at. That donation will help with habitat improvement, so I consider that a plus.

AZDAV, thanks for the recommendation. Like I said, all feedback from those that have gone to them has been excellent.

This is not a used car here. Quality & great time is worth some extra. You most often get what you pay for. I've read many disaster stories of other's trips, so wouldn't go with the cheapest price anyway.

I'm excited for my first trip, so don't bum me out here. Its a done deal for me. If you dont want to go, click off & don't gripe. I'd just like to get a couple that may have been before & know the drill with airports, customs, import/export, etc. Or a newbie just as excited as I am & looking for an adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois