Canadian High Schoolers On Fat-tire Bikes Hunted A 1,500-pound Bison During A Field Trip

Aaron N

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
My Kind Of Field Trip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...son-during-field-trip/?utm_term=.f7f35a5de913

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 9.47.57 AM.png

Great experience for the kids..........learning where they fit in nature's chain, and even the logistics of handling all the meat in the early season warm temperatures. This story carried by many news outlets, including several in Canada. But of interest, also carried by the fiercely anti-hunting Washington Post. In hopes of getting another anti-hunting backlash and being able to legally show the kid's faces? Anyway, well done to kids and especially teachers, who will be crucified on social media. Hang in there!...........FWB

Sure does beat the heck out of dissecting frogs!

What an awesome addition to the curriculum. Teaching the young people the truth about hunting, harvesting and providing for their families - Great Life Lessons. I wonder what sort of backlash the teachers will get from the big city liberal Canadians?

Students in the Yukon and NWT classes have been doing this for years, both winter and summer.
It is an incredible experience for them.
It won't be stopped by some keyboard warriors.

What a great lesson in economics. Conducting a successful hunt, processing the meat and distributing it. It can show them the difference between harvesting game and buying an equivalent amount in a store. They got to see the whole story from beginning to end. Concept, logistics, permitting, travel, the kill, processing, distribution.
Now they get to put up with the idiocy of the press and other anti everything natural loonies.

Great way to teach the students how to ethically hunt and process all the meat afterward. They do something similar in rural schools in NZ where students get taken on field trips and get taught how to trap, kill, and skin possums.
Unfortunately, the anti's do not see it that way. There was a similar backlash recently when a school raised some pigs and had them slaughtered to teach the students about where their meat comes from and the economics behind it.
I hope there is not too much of a backlash against the school and they continue to do this.

Good for these young people!

It would be nice if some "city" schools would partner up with the rural schools that offer this type of experience. I'm almost willing to bet that the youngsters from the rural or country schools have already figured out that meat doesn't just "come" from a store.

(y)(y)(y)
A pedagogical bull's eye.

I have been donating skulls to a friend in an inner city school in Pittsburgh, PA for quite a while. She has them in a display case and occasionally takes them out for her kids to handle. She says many have never been out of the city and never seen a wild animal other than cats roaming the streets. She told me the kids love seeing the skulls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois