Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Just in case you need to know.

Level 3
Avoid non-essential travel
Updated: January 16, 2021

Current Situation​

The COVID-19 outbreak is a global issue that has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The Public Health Agency of Canada is continuing to advise travellers to avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada.

The Government of Canada has put in place additional emergency measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Starting January 6, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST, air travellers 5 years of age or older travelling to Canada are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken, at their own expense, no more than 72 hours before the aircraft's initial scheduled departure time. Travellers who cannot provide proof of a negative test, or who test positive, will not be allowed to board, with limited exceptions. Canadians who are planning to travel abroad should consider how they will meet these requirements before departure, and make plans for the possibility of needing to extend their stay. Travellers who receive a negative test result and are authorized to enter Canada must still complete the full, mandatory 14-day quarantine

The Public Health Agency of Canada is advising extra caution if you must travel. Variants of the virus causing COVID-19 are under investigation in many countries, and it is expected that these variants will be reported in more countries as time goes on. The Public Health Agency of Canada is closely monitoring the situation and working with its international partners including the WHO to better understand these variants, their impacts, and the possibility of further international spread.

Passengers who arrive in Canada from the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Brazil will be subject to secondary screening and enhanced measures, including increased scrutiny of quarantine plans.

This advice provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada will continue to be re-evaluated based on the evolving situation in Canada and in other countries.

Many foreign governments continue to implement strict travel restrictions and international transportation options continue to be less available. As a result, you may have difficulty returning to Canada, or may have to remain abroad for an indeterminate period. Local authorities abroad may impose control measures suddenly, including movement restrictions such as quarantine. In some countries, travellers may have limited access to timely and appropriate health care should they become ill.

The Government of Canada's Emergency Order under the Quarantine Act requires persons entering Canada by air, land or sea to isolate for 14 days if they have symptoms of COVID-19, or to quarantine for 14 days if they are asymptomatic to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Travel to Canada is also currently being restricted for all foreign nationals coming from any country. These restrictions prohibit foreign nationals, including U.S. nationals, from entering Canada for discretionary (optional) travel purposes
. Exemptions to the prohibition exist for certain groups of foreign nationals, for example, temporary foreign workers and persons delivering urgent medical supplies, as long as they do not exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/221

The online questionaire you can take to see if you might be allowed in.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid?u...d_source=112401230341&id_content=488204120378

Government of Canada introduces further restrictions on international travel

News release

January 29, 2021 Ottawa Government of Canada
The Government of Canada continues to take unprecedented action to protect the health and safety of Canadians by introducing measures to prevent further introduction and transmission of COVID-19 and new variants of the virus into Canada.
Today, the Government of Canada announced new rules on international travel, in addition to the multi-layered approach on COVID-19 already in place. The government and Canada’s airlines have agreed to suspend all flights to and from Mexico and Caribbean countries until April 30, 2021. This will be in effect as of January 31, 2021.
Further, effective midnight (11:59 PM EST) February 3, 2021, in addition to proof of a negative pre-departure test, Transport Canada will expand the existing international flight restrictions which funnel scheduled international commercial passenger flights into four Canadian airports: Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport, Calgary International Airport, and Vancouver International Airport. The new restrictions will include scheduled commercial passenger flights arriving from the United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America, which were exempted from the previous restriction. Private/Business and charter flights from all countries will also be required to land at the four airports. Flights from Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon and cargo-only flights will remain exempt.
As soon as possible in the coming weeks, all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival at their own cost. More details will be available in the coming days.
The Government of Canada will introduce a 72-hour pre-arrival testing requirement (molecular test) for travellers seeking entry in land mode, with limited exceptions such as commercial truckers. In addition, we continue to collaborate with partners in the United States to strengthen our border measures and keep our countries safe.
To ensure travellers’ awareness and compliance with quarantine requirements, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is working with security companies to help complete compliance checks for travellers arriving in Canada. Employees of these companies were trained by PHAC and authorized as Screening Officers under the Quarantine Act. These Screening Officers will visit travellers’ quarantine locations to establish contact, confirm identity and confirm that travellers are at the place of quarantine they identified upon entry into Canada. These new officers will conduct visits in 35 cities across the country, starting in Montréal and Toronto.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-...her-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

I'm supposed to be on a flight to JNB on April 11. I can live with these measures, as ridiculous as they are (can you imagine PHAC-trained private security guards visiting me at my home?), but biggest concern is that with all of these measures, will airlines even continue to fly to Canada? Will there be enough traffic to justify a flight?

I will give this a month and see how it goes . . . but really, this is health regulation by media and envy rather than anything else.

I'm supposed to be on a flight to JNB on April 11. I can live with these measures, as ridiculous as they are (can you imagine PHAC-trained private security guards visiting me at my home?), but biggest concern is that with all of these measures, will airlines even continue to fly to Canada? Will there be enough traffic to justify a flight?

I will give this a month and see how it goes . . . but really, this is health regulation by media and envy rather than anything else.

I can tell you without a doubt. A number of major US hospital systems in particular. Are making decisions based on public opinions and media, rather than science. If you don't follow the herds opinion, then your hospital will be deemed unsafe by the masses and not following the protocols.

If you are a politician who tries to talk this whole thing down or deescalate it (like trump did) you will be "lying" to the masses and trying to cover up for your lack of action.

If you are a doctor, virologist or anyone in the medical world who has any opposing argument, stats, findings etc. You are a psycho anti masker, conspiracy theorist and will be fired.

Isn't this strategy with everything today? If you are white and vote for fiscal responsibility before abortion. You are 100% racist. LOL the list goes on.

If you agree with as much as Trumps tie color, you hate women and Latinos.

Who watched the turd and blair's talk today? About the gun laws. I don't remember that ladies name who wears the three masks all the time?? Well she spoke today too. Saying how this a monumental day for Canada and how these new laws will especially keep "women and members of the LGBT@#% communities safer"..... I don't know what its like out west but are you guys doing a annual tranny hunt or something? Since when were gays and tranny's at high risk of gun violence in Canada? I thought they all came to Canada as they were allowed to get married here. I am glad these laws were not designed to protect straight men apparently....

Utterly stupid and insulting to all lawful gun owners. Everything this government does is done though this gender lens and emotion, rather than fact or reason. No one will be safer as a result of these new laws. You can be sure, though, that when they prove ineffective to deter criminal behaviour, as they assuredly will, we will be told that it's because they don't go far enough, not that targets the wrong people from the get-go.

Now we will see - will Calgary vote to ban handguns? I could use an excuse to get away from the cold weather . . .

So more nonsense from a Prime Minister who: Wears blackface; gropes reporters; interferes with the course of justice (SNC); accepts free holidays (Aga Khan's Island); gives sole-source contracts to organizations which pay his mother and brother (WE); creates internment camps for those who dare to travel in violation of his recommendations; and I could go on. But what's the use? Enough people in this country seem to want what he's selling to give him the votes he needs to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chago I can't comment with what I'd like to say about your comment on what we do out West, as I'm certain it would offend somebody.
As far as the rest, Trudope either A. -Has absolutely NO idea what he's talking about when it comes to firearms and firearms legislation. Or B. -Is a deceitful, lying, corrupt, two-faced, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, loathsome individual who is not fit to be a prime minister.
Well, in my mind it's definitely B. But it is still very possible that he's enough of an idiot that A is true as well.
And @Hank2211 You are completely right. It's very insulting to law abiding gun owners. I'm so tired of us being treated like crap. I have no idea how this man still has the position of prime minister of Canada after all the shit he's done! It's absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the added rules for replica guns is nuts. So now even bb guns, airsoft and paintball guns that are replicas of banned guns will too be banned now. I am wondering what that does to the GSG brand rifles who make 22s in replicas. Like the Mp-40, Scar etc. I have some of them my daughter loves shooting them. Cheap to shoot and a lot of fun with zero recoil.

It's complete idiocy. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see.

Who watched the turd and blair's talk today? About the gun laws. I don't remember that ladies name who wears the three masks all the time?? Well she spoke today too. Saying how this a monumental day for Canada and how these new laws will especially keep "women and members of the LGBT@#% communities safer"..... I don't know what its like out west but are you guys doing a annual tranny hunt or something? Since when were gays and tranny's at high risk of gun violence in Canada? I thought they all came to Canada as they were allowed to get married here. I am glad these laws were not designed to protect straight men apparently....
@Chago
They celebrate the alphabet people ( I call them that because I can't remember all the letters they use) celebrate their diversity with the alphabet people madi gras.
Maybe we should have a HETEROSEXUAL and proud of it celebration.
But not that might piss the alphabet people off and we can't have that in this PC bullshit society.
Bob

This is interesting. Makes stiffer laws for legal owners. 2 days later. Makes laws easier on actual criminals.

So if I understand this correctly:
- Canadians can leave Canada, we just need to have a negative test within the specified time frame before boarding the flight
- There's a risk of difficulty in coming back if testing before we return is hard to arrange, and/or if some new government edict chokes off flights
- Then there's the quarantine stuff upon return
- Otherwise, if we can book a flight and a hunt, Canadians could hunt in the African countries that are open, right?

I'm seriously thinking of doing a PG hunt in RSA or Namibia this year, possibly soon if there's a good opportunity.

Yes, I believe you've got the gist of it.
One thing that you need to keep in mind, is that you need to budget another $2,000 plus to the cost of your your trip because that's what it's going to cost you for you to stay your three nights in quarantine at a government approved facility upon your return to Canada. Then you need to quarantine for 2 weeks afterwards, which you can do at home. (This is assuming your test comes back negative) So if you are retired, work from home, or are self-employed, then this may not be a big deal for you. But if you are like me where you are employed someplace then you would need to budget for an additional two weeks off of work.
If your test upon return turns out to be positive then you may be required to stay at a government approved facility until you are well. I have no idea what that would cost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RXQLela937

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber