CANADA: Saskatchewan Whitetail Hunt

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Just got back in yesterday from Saskatoon. We had a good hunt with everyone seeing quite a few deer. But, we didn't see the movement we were expecting. Very little rut action happening in our area. But we did manage to take some good trophies.

IMG_4132.JPG

Temps were in the mid to low 20's. A few snow flurries, but I took the right gear and was more than comfortable.

@BRICKBURN how was your hunt?

Just got back in yesterday from Saskatoon. We had a good hunt with everyone seeing quite a few deer. But, we didn't see the movement we were expecting. Very little rut action happening in our area. But we did manage to take some good trophies.

View attachment 165605

Temps were in the mid to low 20's. A few snow flurries, but I took the right gear and was more than comfortable.

@BRICKBURN how was your hunt?

Nice trophy James.

Around the 19th the Bucks were going crazy all over the place. The last week they were rutting but more in hiding.

Zero snow and T-Shirt weather, although further north they got 8 inches in pockets. Bizarre year.

The Results and tale:

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/close-only-counts-in-horse-shoes-and.32844/

Congratulations James. You got a nice one. That buck was worth making the trip.

I've hunted sask the past three years and took two nice deer. I'm taking a break for a couple years.

That's probably a lie, LOL.

Looks like a great Buck to me!

Great looking deer James! I've been tempted by your offers to bag a great Canadian Whitetail for the last three years, but with limited time back in the states around Thanksgiving it just has'nt been possible. If and when I repatriate you are definitely on my short list. What did this one score?

James that's a freakin stud!! Congrats and yes I'm a little jealous!

Nice buck. Congrats! Bruce

Great deer. Can't wait to hear how you do next year. You know, you will go again!

Great looking deer James! I've been tempted by your offers to bag a great Canadian Whitetail for the last three years, but with limited time back in the states around Thanksgiving it just has'nt been possible. If and when I repatriate you are definitely on my short list. What did this one score?

Two guys scored him one was 172 and the other was 176, either way I was happy. You can't tell from the pic but he has an extra point sticking out forward at a 90 degree angle between the g1 and g2.

Nice heavy whitetail deer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.