Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I was fortunate enough to get this nice mulie buck yesterday. Was able to take him with my new Tikka 7mm Rem at 150 yards as he was guarding his does from another buck. Barnes Triple Shock dropped him and he never took a step. Hoped to recover the bullet, but it was a complete pass through. He had a huge body and carries a lot of mass through his antlers. Played me out dragging him back to the truck!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fantastic buck! Congrats..............

Great buck, Congrats!

nice stag, rags... congrates mate

Nice buck. Congratulations.

I was fortunate enough to get this nice mulie buck yesterday. Was able to take him with my new Tikka 7mm Rem at 150 yards as he was guarding his does from another buck. Barnes Triple Shock dropped him and he never took a step. Hoped to recover the bullet, but it was a complete pass through. He had a huge body and carries a lot of mass through his antlers. Played me out dragging him back to the truck!
View attachment 163224

View attachment 163225

View attachment 163226
Nice buck n I wouldn't want to have to drag that monster anywhere !

Congratulations on the very nice buck! Must have been tough to spot with all that dense brush :whistle:

View attachment 163224

View attachment 163225

View attachment 163226
Waidmannsheil ! Congrats!
Surprised that do you have no shoot out -is this normal for this bullet and that game ?
What do you think about the age of the fellow ?
I mean (no experience with MDs )just guessing- not so young-10 ,12 years ?
Do you often use your bi-pod in reality ?
Always fascinated how far and wide some counties can be,like in your pictures.
Regards from the cramped Germany
Foxi
p.s. how is the taste of this meat.
I can imagine excellent,or ?
Oh Boeuf Bourguignon from a deer (or beef,when I have no success in the woods ) ,mhh
Bouef bourguignon.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the very nice buck! Must have been tough to spot with all that dense brush :whistle:

Thank you! My girlfriend actually spotted him right before I did. It was her first time out deer hunting with me since we began dating and she makes sure that I don't forget that she saw him first! Lol. Hard to believe when you see these pics, but The northern half of Sask. is solid forest.

Waidmannsheil ! Congrats!
Surprised that do you have no shoot out -is this normal for this bullet and that game ?
What do you think about the age of the fellow ?
I mean (no experience with MDs )just guessing- not so young-10 ,12 years ?
Do you often use your bi-pod in reality ?
Always fascinated how far and wide some counties can be,like in your pictures.
Regards from the cramped Germany
Foxi
p.s. how is the taste of this meat.
I can imagine excellent,or ?
Oh Boeuf Bourguignon from a deer (or beef,when I have no success in the woods ) ,mhh
View attachment 163234

Thanks @Foxi! Yes we have some wide-open spaces to enjoy here!
I'm not sure what his age would be, but judging from his size, I would guess at least 6-7 years old.
I don't have a lot of experience with these Barnes bullets. These were left over from my 2014 hunt in Namibia. I never recovered a bullet from the animals I took there either. All pass throughs.
I always try to use either the bipod or shooting sticks. I prefer the bipod, but I can't attach it to my favourite rifle, so I use the sticks with it.
Meat is very good. This buck will be enjoyed as steak, sausage and stew.

A beautiful Mulie Ragman. Looks to be a heavy one. You did good. Plans to have him mounted?

Congrats, nice 4x4!

That is a nice Buck. Congratulations.

Dragging him through that hay field would be a work out.

A beautiful Mulie Ragman. Looks to be a heavy one. You did good. Plans to have him mounted?

I think I'll just Euro him. Still have to mount some African heads yet!

I don't know how I missed this but somehow I did. Congrats on an outstanding mulie!!!!!!!!!!!!! :A Clapping::A Big Hello::A Banana:

image.jpg
I don't know how I missed this but somehow I did. Congrats on an outstanding mulie!!!!!!!!!!!!! :A Clapping::A Big Hello::A Banana:

Thanks! I've seen some bigger ones posted on Facebook, but I love big-bodied, heavy antlered bucks like mine.

Here's a pic with Tina posing him. He looks bigger without my fat carcass behind him! Lol.

Brother that's a spectacular old mature muley. About the best trophy a guy could ever ask for.

I somehow missed this too. Congratulations on a beautiful mulie!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross