Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
IMG_8645.JPG

Yesterday I experienced another little heartache. After returning to Southeast Sask. with wonderful like minded companions and a dog that was bred, trained and superbly skilled to show me some pheasants, and after enjoying the unique thrill of hunting new country with new friends and working very very hard for many hours with only one bird to share with loved ones for our efforts, I came across this barren industrial wasteland that was once one of my favourite pheasant coverts. Ripped up to make way for another oil well. A well that will likely produce oil below cost of production.

I hope the people flying in jets and wasting electricity and driving cars and big trucks (like mine) appreciate the trade offs and costs. I doubt that many Canadians ever truly measure their lifestyle vs the cost.

an appropriate quote from Lord of the Rings, a Hobbit in conversation with an Ent...
" and who side are you on? " " SIDE? I am on nobody's side. because nobody is on my side"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3LcZ99-0wyT9vzNcXVKjxC-I4EuW4XIFYwdlxNB1Rt3Xx

Well, that No Hunting sign is rather ironic.

View attachment 260441

Yesterday I experienced another little heartache. After returning to Southeast Sask. with wonderful like minded companions and a dog that was bred, trained and superbly skilled to show me some pheasants, and after enjoying the unique thrill of hunting new country with new friends and working very very hard for many hours with only one bird to share with loved ones for our efforts, I came across this barren industrial wasteland that was once one of my favourite pheasant coverts. Ripped up to make way for another oil well. A well that will likely produce oil below cost of production.

I hope the people flying in jets and wasting electricity and driving cars and big trucks (like mine) appreciate the trade offs and costs. I doubt that many Canadians ever truly measure their lifestyle vs the cost.

an appropriate quote from Lord of the Rings, a Hobbit in conversation with an Ent...
" and who side are you on? " " SIDE? I am on nobody's side. because nobody is on my side"
Probably no consolation to a lot of people but some predict with the advances in solar energy and the technology costs dropping dramatically over the next two decades, most of the world will be on solar power. I tend to agree. Remember when lamp oil and coal were kings?

Solar may offset some nat gas demand but it is not likely to have much effect on refined products. Gasoline, diesel and jet fuel consumption drive the crude oil refining sector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois