Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Poland, Canada, Mexico, Argentina
Booked with Wayne Holloway of Pine Ridge Lodge for an October 2018 Moose hunt. My experience was first class from start to finish. Comfortable cabin with great food. Guides were experienced and easy to get along with. My guide , Paul Langdon, was great. He's a retired conservation officer (game warden) ,and I consider him now a good friend. Got my moose on the first morning of the hunt. Luck helps, we clearly walked right in on him. Blew the call one time and there he was. Other hunters in camp were after caribou, and they both scored nice bulls. Weather in Newfoundland can be hit or miss, and we had a couple of days stuck in the cabin. All in all, great trip, great people, and great memories. This trip was a classic example of don't pass up on the first day what you would take on the last day. If I would've passed on this bill, its likely I wouldn't have gotten another chance. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with them again. He has a lot of repeat clients.

20181016_104115.jpeg
20181015_125756.jpeg
20181015_083247.jpeg
20181017_121430.jpeg
20181020_112103.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat report. Would you provide details for getting in touch with this outfitter?

They have a website. I booked through Steve's Outdoor Adventures, but I don't recommend that. Wayne's phone number and email is on his website. https://www.pineridge.nf.ca/

Thanks much!

Congratulations on your success. Always good to be lucky.
Weather is always a huge factor out there.

I was at the Harrisburg show today and talked to a few Newfoundland outfitters. Thinking of a 2020 moose hunt. If anyone else on here has any other recommendations please let me know. Thx!

I was at the Harrisburg show today and talked to a few Newfoundland outfitters. Thinking of a 2020 moose hunt. If anyone else on here has any other recommendations please let me know. Thx!
I have been twice with Patey and Sons , and would happily go back....but the funds are commited to Africa in 2020! Very well organized, wonderful people, equipment well maintained. As someone else mentioned, weather can be a huge factor. We went the first week of the season in September, and had a lot of very warm weather, which keeps the moose bedded and cool. Our group of three got two bulls and a cow. I turned down a small bull the first day, (we also kicked out a grand old beast, but he was out too far and probably is still running ) and I was quite incapacitated with an injured foot. I told the guides, not to sound too much like a wimp, but I got a bull last time out, this time out I was going to be happy with a sure thing that I can hobble in range to. on the last day we had frost, and we had four spotted, we picked the most accessible. Earlier that day walking in I turned down a bodacious bear....I had shot several, including a 300 lber, and this guy had at least 100, maybe 200 lbs on it.....the guide was having a bit of a fit that I wouldn't shoot it, but moose was the name of the game that day. We also were delighted by almost daily caribou sightings, and on the last day walked within a few yards of one....wasn't much concerned with us.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!