CANADA: Has Anyone Hunted With These British Columbia Moose Hunting Outfits?

redriver

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zimbabwe
I am looking for a good Moose hunt in B.C. for this year.
Has anyone hunted with either Wicked River Outfitters or
Gunson Guiding & Outfitting? I have been talking to both but cant
find much online, good or bad. for either one.
I appreciate any recommendations, thanks

I'm finding the same looking at a 2019 or 2020 caribou. Online info seems to be lacking for many outfitters that I'm finding.

i have friends that hunted with BC safaris with good success

Am looking at driving to NFLD this fall for moose, opposite side of the country

I thought about it but Africa was cheaper and I didn't have to do my laundry

am trying to sneak the moose hunt between the bear hunt in Aug and deer hunt in Nov (return to Africa in April so doesn't count lol)

I thought about it but Africa was cheaper and I didn't have to do my laundry

A little hard to find a moose in Africa.

Might need a boat for a bit of that journey!:A Drive:

Reactions: lcq
I know this is way late but I was in the same boat as you. I wanted to hunt moose bad but I couldn't find any info on any outfits up north. I was looking at both Alberta and British Columbia. I ended up finding an outfit called Nanika Lake Outfitters in British Columbia and after talking with Chad, my brother in law and I took a leap of faith and booked our hunt. My hunt was amazing. We ended up going with the fly in float plane option to Atna Lake and that was one of the coolest experiences I've done yet. I ended up shooting a 50" bull and couldn't have been happier. Now my bro in law had a different story. Sadly he never got a shot and actually never saw a moose, but he has constantly told me that was the most fun he's ever had on a hunt.

DSC00161.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another outfit you might try, Eureka Peak Outfitters based out of Horsefly in the Caribou Region of British Columbia. Stewart & Cheri Maitland are the owners and are good people. If I remember right their concession is about 4,400 sq. miles. I shot a 44" bull and couldn't be happier. There is also a lot of bear, grouse, fishing and some wolf if you wanted to add something. They have a website but their face book page is probably better. I ended up hunting with Stewart but from what I saw of his guides I would hunt with any of them and will probably hunt with them again.

One of the forum members, @Ardent I believe runs http://wildcoastoutfitters.ca. I spoke to him about a bear hunt. The territory looks absolutely spectacular. And, he seems like a fine fellow.

Red River I sent you a Message. I have hunted with Wicked River.

Just a bit of local knowledge , moose populations in the lower half of BC and Alberta have taken a beating the last few years, the lowest populations on record.. The BC Wildlife Federation in association with the Ministry of Forest Lands, and natural Resources, has spent a lot of money monitoring populations with assistance from a couple of university biology departments. Major factor is wolf predation and illegal harvest. I strongly suggest you do a fly in camp in the northern half areas of either of the two provinces to increase your odds. Populations in the northern secluded areas remain stable.
Good Luck
Pat
ps, if you have any questions drop me a PM

I also should add your odds will be greatly increased if you can hit the "rut" Talk to your offitter . Normally the last 10 days of sept ~ the first 10days of october loosely. the big boys will come to a call to chase off a competing male. Makes it a lot easier when a 1200lb animal comes to you and can choose your spot to process him, not in the middle of a swamp etc....ask me how I know :whistle:
Here's my Son with a little meat Bull, about 800lbs cut & wrapped.
upload_2017-5-7_7-45-5.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!