Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
My son and I got out for a duck hunt. We were targeting puddlers. Our spot was good, the wind was good, the weather was cool. The only problem was the ducks didn't get the memo and decided to visit a different part of the bay.

I am also still getting used to this A5. I don't mount it consistently and, as a result, missed a chip shot at a wood duck! I believe I was shooting infront of my target as evidenced by a couple of ducks pulling their heads back and turning at the shot. I have some homework to do before my next outing!!

Fortunately, my son was shooting straight and we came home with a couple despite the uncooperative fowl and the lame duck dad!

20211027_075952.jpg
20211027_080011.jpg

Good job getting out. Better luck next time!
Bruce

Good job getting out. Better luck next time!
Bruce
Thank you

Honestly, no matter what my day is like, if my sons have a good hunt I am in a great mood. This was a good day!

Take it to a clays range - several times. Three trips will give you more self-instruction and familiarity with your gun than five seasons of waterfowl hunting.

Take it to a clays range - several times. Three trips will give you more self-instruction and familiarity with your gun than five seasons of waterfowl hunting.
Good advice as always! I do shoot trap with my 86 year old father. We try to get out once a month, but I only got out twice with this gun. I will be using this exclusively until I get my scores up again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you