Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hey guys,

Been reading through all the Africa reviews and noticed some guys post there own DIY hunts as well in the north america section.

So I live in central/southern Ontario Canada which is known for some big bucks. I'm far away from the city where we have nice bush and good agriculture. But I'm not too far up north where the winters can be brutal and effect the deer population. I live on 5 acres but behind me are two farms that are mainly Forrest of 80 and 150 acres. And I have sole permission on it all.

One of the really strange things about this property is I literally get zero bucks on camera until about Halloween. But tons of does. And from Halloween through mid December it's packed. I get different bucks coming through for a few days then they vanish. I call it the whore house lol. So due to this set up I can be patient and wait to see who shows up at my various stands. I have been hunting this property for 8 years now, almost at 9th season. And for the first 6 years only took a freezer doe, or cull young buck. Wanted to let some of these guys grow as I was seeing some incredibly large 8 points, on a baby's body. So I knew these were 1.5 year olds who will be nice bucks one day. Well my patience paid off. 2017 I shot a official Boone and Crockett buck with my bow. And in 2018 another amazing buck but was a little short of Boone and Crockett. Here are some pictures.

2017 gross score was 189 3/8
IMG-20171117-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20171117-WA0032.jpg
Resized_20171118_094421.jpg

2018 buck. 171 1/4" gross score.

IMG_20181017_124207~2.jpg
IMG_20181017_124159~2.jpg

And here is them together again. Lol. I will be building a more permanent stand. This is temporary until my Africa animals arrive and I rearrange everything. That buck below them is a normal 90-100" deer to give you perspective.
IMG_20190326_195104.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Great deer!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Awesome bucks. I grew up on a farm in Essex County, in Bama now. What county are you in?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Wow!!! Two incredible deer in back to back seasons!! You did well, thanks for sharing!

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Very nice, and what a great setup you have with your neighbors!

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Congrats! nice to be able to watch bucks grow and take mature ones!

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Excellent bucks.
Bruce

Mort Hill

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
Great looking duo of bone! Must be great to have that kind of opportunity right out your back door. Congrats!

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Some fantastic bucks, congrats!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Nice deer. Certainly for where you are hunting them.
You have just what you need a nice chunk of dirt with the ability to manage it.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success.

Northwest9

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
they are beauties, well done, Ill get after some when I get around to hunting in NA

What bow/Broadhead combination are you using?

Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
they are beauties, well done, Ill get after some when I get around to hunting in NA

What bow/Broadhead combination are you using?

The bow is a xpedition x ring 7. They are a smaller company although produce incredible products. Bow is 70lbs draw weight and 31" draw length.

Arrow is the carbon express maxima red. And I use the rage 2 blade expandables. I have taken a water buffalo with that exact set up. I swear by rage broadheads.

dobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
@Chago you ever bring them to any of the big buck shows?
Great looking deer

Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I'm not aware of any in my area.

The 2017 buck was showcased in Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine. I got a nice 4 or 5 page spread. Pictures, measurements, and I got to write about the story. It was pretty neat. I am getting the article laminated to put up with the mount. It also went in a national magazine Canada Outdoors. But was just small pic and some info. I was still pretty excited to be apart of all that.

dobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
@Chago Should check out the FROW webpage for events, i know a few close by. Hope you aren't one of those who dont get the magazine and didn't enter your buck for a chance at a new 4 wheeler, see that happen a lot at the shows (i score for FROW, who is run by the Beasleys as well as the OMG magazine)

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Great bucks!

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
I dream about arrowing a whitetail like those, awesome bucks !! I've never taken a whitetail that exceeds 130, congrats!

Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
@Chago Should check out the FROW webpage for events, i know a few close by. Hope you aren't one of those who dont get the magazine and didn't enter your buck for a chance at a new 4 wheeler, see that happen a lot at the shows (i score for FROW, who is run by the Beasleys as well as the OMG magazine)

Lol yes to all of the above. I was not a member so no I couldn't enter into king of the woods. Which sucked. But rules are rules.

Yes I had someone come out and score for BC, PY and FROW for the 2017 buck. Can't remember his name but he came out from the east end of the city if I remember right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorieYates

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?