Can you guys help me locate a BRNO 602 stock for .375HH?

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
A PH friend of mine has a cracked stock on his trusty BRNO 602 in .375HH. I called CZ USA and they don't have stocks. Found out that the CZ 550 and other models WILL NOT work for a 602. A BRNO 600 or 601 apparently will not work either.

Boyds gunstocks has nothing that will work. eBay had nothing.

Anyone know where to find a stock for his rifle? Since he's a Zim PH and this is a working tool, a used stock with a few dings would be quite fine for a camp rifle.

Thanks if any of you can point me the way.

A 550 stock will work. There are slight differences between the 550 and 602 inletting, due to the different trigger and safety, but these differences mean that there is more wood removed from the 550 stock, so the 602 will fit in.

I fitted a 602 stock to a 550, all it took was some chiselling with small carving tools to clear the trigger and safety. Now that stock can take both a 602 and a 550. Of course once you bed it properly, it then becomes specific for one particular action...

Have you tried Numrich?

@rookhawk i know 6 spare brno stocks will be arriving in zambia with my 500 jeff and other rifles paul is sending from the uk. he shipped approx 20 or so brno stocks to zim fairly recently, but something about the person who wanted them not wanting to pay the duty on arrival or similar.....now he said nobody seems to know where they are.........

Thanks to all of you. I reached out to the CZ custom shop (Triple River Gunsmithing) and they had a stock available!

When they heard the full story, they decided to take a different tact.

Zimbabwe PH falls out of tree and lands on his gun breaking stock. Gun now inoperable. They decided to send a stock to me FREE to carry to Zimbabwe for the PH.

Please remember these people when you want a custom CZ rifle in the future as they are a class act outfit. Megan was the name of the lady that decided on this arrangement at Triple River.

Thanks to all of you. I reached out to the CZ custom shop (Triple River Gunsmithing) and they had a stock available!

When they heard the full story, they decided to take a different tact.

Zimbabwe PH falls out of tree and lands on his gun breaking stock. Gun now inoperable. They decided to send a stock to me FREE to carry to Zimbabwe for the PH.

Please remember these people when you want a custom CZ rifle in the future as they are a class act outfit. Megan was the name of the lady that decided on this arrangement at Triple River.
Megan is the Daughter of the owner of Triple River,I talked to her a few times when they were doing the re-barrel of my 375 to 404

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross