Can you guys help me locate a BRNO 602 stock for .375HH?

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
A PH friend of mine has a cracked stock on his trusty BRNO 602 in .375HH. I called CZ USA and they don't have stocks. Found out that the CZ 550 and other models WILL NOT work for a 602. A BRNO 600 or 601 apparently will not work either.

Boyds gunstocks has nothing that will work. eBay had nothing.

Anyone know where to find a stock for his rifle? Since he's a Zim PH and this is a working tool, a used stock with a few dings would be quite fine for a camp rifle.

Thanks if any of you can point me the way.

Kano

AH senior member
Reaction score
A 550 stock will work. There are slight differences between the 550 and 602 inletting, due to the different trigger and safety, but these differences mean that there is more wood removed from the 550 stock, so the 602 will fit in.

I fitted a 602 stock to a 550, all it took was some chiselling with small carving tools to clear the trigger and safety. Now that stock can take both a 602 and a 550. Of course once you bed it properly, it then becomes specific for one particular action...

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Have you tried Numrich?

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
@rookhawk i know 6 spare brno stocks will be arriving in zambia with my 500 jeff and other rifles paul is sending from the uk. he shipped approx 20 or so brno stocks to zim fairly recently, but something about the person who wanted them not wanting to pay the duty on arrival or similar.....now he said nobody seems to know where they are.........

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Thanks to all of you. I reached out to the CZ custom shop (Triple River Gunsmithing) and they had a stock available!

When they heard the full story, they decided to take a different tact.

Zimbabwe PH falls out of tree and lands on his gun breaking stock. Gun now inoperable. They decided to send a stock to me FREE to carry to Zimbabwe for the PH.

Please remember these people when you want a custom CZ rifle in the future as they are a class act outfit. Megan was the name of the lady that decided on this arrangement at Triple River.

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Thanks to all of you. I reached out to the CZ custom shop (Triple River Gunsmithing) and they had a stock available!

When they heard the full story, they decided to take a different tact.

Zimbabwe PH falls out of tree and lands on his gun breaking stock. Gun now inoperable. They decided to send a stock to me FREE to carry to Zimbabwe for the PH.

Please remember these people when you want a custom CZ rifle in the future as they are a class act outfit. Megan was the name of the lady that decided on this arrangement at Triple River.
Megan is the Daughter of the owner of Triple River,I talked to her a few times when they were doing the re-barrel of my 375 to 404

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelanieOln

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.