Can some one who reads sign language tell me.......

DUGABOY1

Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
Double Rifle Shooter's Society, Life NAHC, NRA,SCI
Hunted
Us, Canada,Zambia, Zimbabwe, South America
Can someone who is a little younger who understands Computer Instant Gremlins give me a definition, of what is the exact meaning of this Gremlin?

6261d1299975874-can-some-one-who-reads-sign-language-tell-me-kool-aid.jpg

Most of them are self explanatory, but this one isn't! I assume it is a thinly veiled insult of some sort, judging by the places where I have seen it used!

.......................... :bewildered:

Attachments

• kool-aid.jpg
    kool-aid.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give you my to cents...first is just some kid who likes Kool Aid and loves messing with computers, as there has been a push of old things becoming new again. Like a 25 year old guy wearing sesame street t-shirts and tickle me elmo t-shirts. Usually just someone who thinks its funny. Plus the "OH, YEAAAHH". Or it is just some relation to the Jonestown suicide from the late 70's. "Don't drink the Kool Aid" that little saying? Who knows!

This Gremlin represent the "Kool-Aid" and more specifically "Drinking the Kool-Aid". "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a phrase and metaphor that means to become a firm believer in something, to accept an argument or philosophy wholeheartedly or blindly without critical examination. The term originated with the November 1978 Jonestown Massacre, where members of the Peoples Temple were said to have committed suicide by drinking Kool-Aid laced with cyanide.

Evidence gathered at the Jonestown site after the incident indicated that Flavor Aid (a similar powdered drink mix), rather than Kool-Aid, was used in the massacre. Some survivors of the incident object to the link between blind faith and the People's Temple implied by the phrase, since some victims were murdered rather than being convinced or forced to commit suicide.

Objections notwithstanding, the phrase is commonly used in a variety of contexts to describe blind, uncritical acceptance or following, generally in a derogatory sense.

It's the old emblem from Kool Aid. If it's being used as an insult, it means something along the line of you're not very smart and that you're just drinking the Kool Aid from the person(s) your trusting. It goes back to the tragedy of the Jim Jones followers back in the 1970's when he convinced his followers to drink the cyanide laced Kool Aid.

An example of this would be some would say that if you believe that Pres. Obama is going to take care of your health care needs with his bill then you're just drinking the Kool Aid.

Dang, Jerome beat me to it!

Thank you gentlemen! I have seen it used, usually when someone doesn't believe what a poster is writing to be true. This is why I asked the question here, because a close friend of mine on another website made a post with some facts that may seem difficult to believe, yet I was witness to the claims in that post and know them to be true! The disbeliever posted the Grimlin with the notation of Yeh Right!!!!

I have seen this on a number of occasions, always seemingly being acusatory of falsehood on the part of another poster's claims!

The info I've gotten here has reenforced what I already suspected! Again thank you for the info, I'm old but not too old to learn something new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!