Boela

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Zululand Hunters & Conservation Association, South African Hunters Association, PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, England, Wales, Austria, Swaziland, US: Idaho, Alaska
Good day Members

Have a look at this freak attack that happened a week ago in Zululand. I believe a trap was set inside the campsite where the attack took place and a couple of days later a male Leopard was caught in the trap that was set for the Hyena. The leopard was relocated away deeper into the park, away from the campsite.

Regards

http://zululandobserver.co.za/103945/hyena-mauls-camper/

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 8.42.07 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing

hope his eye is ok. When I wilderness camp it is forbidden to bring a firearm into provincial parks. I ignore this and bring my henry ar-7. There are many hungry and imprinted bears so stupid laws are made to be ignored

Wow, I'd say he is lucky its not worse than that, I'm pretty sure hyenas have one of the highest bite pressures per pound

Took a bite to the head, I'd say he may be lucky to be alive with the strength of a hyenas bite. Best wishes for his recovery.

Ouch! Several years ago, I was camping in Mana Pools NP with a few Zim friends. After dinner and prior to retiring to our respective tents, one of my friends began placing chairs along one side of my tent. My friend advised me to sleep with my head on the side with the chairs. When I inquired, he advised that the chairs would prevent a hyena from biting my face during the night. Yeah, right. I chuckled and retired for the night. Within 5 minutes of lights out, I heard sniffing and shuffling sounds outside of my tent. I slowly unzipped the panel covering the mesh tent window and found myself face-to-face with a huge hyena! In retrospect, he/she was probably more interested in the toothpaste and mouthwash that I had spit onto the ground (adjacent to my tent) than biting my face. Nevertheless, I slept with a knife and torch adjacent to my sleeping bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross