Campaign To Ban Trophy Hunting Simplistic & Inaccurate

I tend to agree with the possibility of the written word being misleading. Actually, I feel misunderstood may be more accurate. My two cents, if I may, without offending anybody......
I didn't read what 375Fox had to say as being confrontational. I read it as him wanting clarification. If you've felt like you've been met with "rude and stand-off-ish behavior" then that's unfortunate. Nobody wants to be treated like that. And especially if you're coming in as a "newbie" and you're looking for information. I hope your experiences on here improve. I've found this site to be just the opposite. I've found most members to be courteous and friendly, and to openly share information and try to help other members. I've only had one bad experience with a guy being a jerk, and it was about something I said regarding shooting coyotes that he jumped to conclusions on and (mis)judged me for. But I won't let one bad apple spoil the lot!
I'd humbly ask you to give 375Fox (and others) the benefit of the doubt if you'd be so kind. If you feel someone is being rude towards you, maybe just ask for clarification. I'm not saying that nobody has been, I'm just asking you to not jump the gun and feel attacked, because it just snowballs as it did above.
For what it's worth, I understand what you were trying to say. I don't know that many people are aware that PETA doesn't even feel people should have pets! It's far more than just being anti-hunting, which I think is what you were trying to get across. As I said, I feel 375Fox was just looking for more information, and would venture to guess he didn't know that about PETA. That organization may do far more harm to animals than anyone! Let's get the information out there to to others and each other, and leave the bickering for someone else.
Agreed. This seems to be the best place to share and obtain information, for newbies to veterans. Not everyone has the same capabilities and/or experience, we all have to start somewhere and the written word can be misconstrued/misunderstood. Getting clarification can be beneficial, and who knows, someone could ultimately become a mentor and share knowledge they didn’t realize they had.

It's good to see African leaders taking a stand and calling out the lying, anti-hunting, arrogant Americans and Europeans trying to ruin their conservation efforts. Why people continue to take celebrities seriously I'll never know, they refuse to act like anything but whining, self-absorbed, petulant children.

The UK seems to have a mouth-frothing resentment towards anything outdoor or animal-related, that is if it's of consumptive use though they'd ban pets too if given the chance. This is incredibly ironic considering that just a century ago British officers went on expeditions in Kenya to shoot lions (sometimes entire prides) yet Britain's citizens had seemingly no problem with it what-so-ever. The British upper class will do literally anything to make sure its subjects stay put and don't pay attention to their own misdeeds. Conservation? Bullshit. It's money that they desire.
I have a feeling it is born from guilt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you