Andrew62

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cameroon, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia.
Between 20-25 years ago I took 3 safaris to Cameroon, 2 for bongo, 1 for lord derby eland. I now find that I really want to hunt northwest/savannah buffalo. Can anyone give me advice on quality outfitters in Cameroon for this type of buffalo hunting? I just turned 60, figure I best get this hunt figured out. Thank you all for any advice you may have.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Between 20-25 years ago I took 3 safaris to Cameroon, 2 for bongo, 1 for lord derby eland. I now find that I really want to hunt northwest/savannah buffalo. Can anyone give me advice on quality outfitters in Cameroon for this type of buffalo hunting? I just turned 60, figure I best get this hunt figured out. Thank you all for any advice you may have.

I guess I’m biased as a rep for @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS, but Jacques has a great area for buff there. Please let me know if you’d like more information.

JKO HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2011
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
jkosafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Spain, Uganda, Greenland, Cameroon
Hello Andrew62,

I can definitely help you with a buffalo hunt in Cameroon. I have had a couple of forum members hunt in Cameroon with me and we have a 100% success rate on Lord Derby and Buffalo.

Please send me a pm with your email address and I will forward you the information.

Please also do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

All my best,

Jacques Spamer
js@jkosafaris.com

Happy Myles

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Chad, Benin, Ethiopia, Ruwanda, Burugi, Mo, Cameroon, C.A.R.mozambique, Namibia\, So Africa, Congo, , Botswana,, All No America, All Central ASia, Mongolia
I have found Mayo Oldiri Safaris excellent in Cameroon. By way of qualification I have hunted all over Africa almost annually for fifty years.

K-man

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Cameroon, Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
I can second the recommendation for the area Jacques has in Cameroon for savannah buffalo.
As to the recommendation for Mayo Oldiri, Jacques' area is simply across the river and great accommodations for a lot less money. Go early in the year to avoid the heat. (January) P.M. me if you want more or read the hunt report. Good luck with your adventure!
SAM_1726.JPG

Last edited:

Riksa

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Finland, Cameroon, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Poland, Sweden
I hunted Cameroon with JKO and Jacques this year in January. Plenty of Buffalo in the area. We hunted Lord Derby Eland and got a really nice one. Accommodation, arrangements, food and overall experience where really good. JKO's area in Cameroon is huge and should provide plenty of opportunities for great hunting.

I warmly recommend Jacques/JKO for hunting in Cameroon (y) or elsewhere. This was my second hunt with them and there will be a third one in the future.

Some pictures from the camp and my hunt below

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG
IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG
IMG_3908.JPG
IMG_3910.JPG

IMG_3913.JPG
IMG_6919.JPG
P1040234.JPG
P1040277.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshHunting

Latest profile posts

USN
Hey everyone..rookie mistake here. Packing to leave tomorrow and I have no idea JNB policy for bringing I cigarettes. Yes I know a smoker, plan on taking 4 cartons if able. Any advice please. Will be greeted by Mr X to ease custom’s hassle. Thanks in advance !
Hi,

Glade to hear from you and that you have kept me in mind.

I hope all is well and the hunting has been good.

Everything is fairly good.

The 2 fellows that I had lined up for this great hunt opportunity have backed out.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new house and having knee surgery, or surgeries depending on the left knee MRI, hopefully I can get back to Africa as early as 2024.
I'm concerned about Australia's indigenous species that are being killed by feral cats. Is anyone aware of any hunts I can joining to go to Australia to take a few shots at feral cats.
Jonathan Gurley wrote on IdahoMo's profile.
Hey Idaho. how many rounds is there thru the 458 win mag
MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS wrote on Cajun Hunter's profile.
Morning my what’s app is +263778121842 martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com we can look at open dates
Thanks
Martin