CAMEROON: Bongo & Forest Sitatunga - May 2024, Cameroon (Prelude)

TheGrayRider

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
NWTF/RMEF/NRA/ECC/DSC/SCI/RMBHSF/WSF
Hunted
Cameroon/RSA/New Zealand/Botswana/Mexico/Alaska
IMG_3228.jpeg

Bongo, Lokomo Region, Cameroon, Africa, May 19, 2024 - Northern Operations Africa, Day 2 of 14 day hunt.

IMG_3301.jpeg

Forest Sitatunga, May 24, 2024 - Day 7 of 14 day hunt.

IMG_3238.jpeg

Bongo - 30 1/2 inch’s on both horns, 22 inch bases. Camp rental firearm: .375 H&H Remington Model 70, Luepold 1x5 scope, 300 grain softs.

Full hunt report forthcoming in new post. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Amazing
Well done

Great trophies!
Looking fwd to the report!

WOW, congrats!

Bongo on day 2! Wow. Love the ivory tips on mature bongos. Bongo and sitatunga in 7 days...that's just fantastic. Congrats and I look forward to the rest of the story.

Nice you look like a very happy hunter. Very nice animals. Looking forward to hearing the details of the hunt.

That went well !!!

Who is the outfitter/PH? I would be thrilled with the bongo only much less the sitatunga a few days later.

View attachment 609591

Bongo, Lokomo Region, Cameroon, Africa, May 19, 2024 - Northern Operations Africa, Day 2 of 14 day hunt.

View attachment 609592

Forest Sitatunga, May 24, 2024 - Day 7 of 14 day hunt.

View attachment 609593

Bongo - 30 1/2 inch’s on both horns, 22 inch bases. Camp rental firearm: .375 H&H Remington Model 70, Luepold 1x5 scope, 300 grain softs.

Full hunt report forthcoming in new post. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
Simply outstanding!!!!! A Bongo is one of the hardest animals to obtain and you have done it!!! Congratulations!!!

Who is the outfitter/PH? I would be thrilled with the bongo only much less the sitatunga a few days later.
Oh I missed it on the first read...Northern Operations Africa. I will check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HayleyCoff

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JG26Irish_2 wrote on WISafariHunter's profile.
About Lon's Elephant hunts w/Tokoloshe? I hear Lon is battling cancer? What is his long term prognosis? I am already booked to hunt Africa in 2024 2025. Might consider 2026 for another African hunt. I want to hunt a more wild open region devoid of civilization. Concern is the risk that I book f/2026 then find poor Lon has passed on? Does Lon have any assistance to carry on the business in his absence?
Life is Short live it how you want...
jgraco33 wrote on 85lc's profile.
Is your 22HP still available? If so have the original case?
tacklers wrote on ianevans's profile.
Hi Ian, I'm contemplating my first outing, leaving UK via Dubai to Africa, taking rifles as you did.

I presume it went okay for you, would you have done anything differently? Cheers, Richard East Sussex
A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?