Cameroon - Armed Poachers loot hunting camp.

Roy Sparks

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, South African Hunters and Game Conservation Association
SMS from Jan Westdyk reports armed poachers raided their hunting camp. Expensive equipment including rifles stolen.Have not had an email from Jan with more details - I fear his laptop might have been stolen as well.

Roy Sparks.

Hi all just a follow up on Jan Westdyk's experience in Cameroon. Jan is back safely and currently in Namibia although he returned minus his custom built .375 H&H and a bunch of ammo - a .458 Mag and ammo was looted as well. They were in camp while it happened and were unaware of the intrusion. They were in the mess dining. The accomodations were apparently entered from bellow being built on stilts and when they returned the intruders were long gone. No doubt some elephant will be poached with the additions to the arsenal these poachers already have. Fortunately no one was hurt at the time.

Jan says it was a terrific experience and shared some pictures of some great Bongo he helped guide clients onto. I am very envious but am very happy that he gained this wonderful experience in another part of Africa. Well done buddy !!

Roy Sparks.

Hopefully if they are caught poaching, they will have another account to settle withe the serial numbers of this guns if you could make some public mention of the stolen guns something could surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross