Camera choice help

Lol,

make up your mind ;-)

Yes i have had my canon for 15 or so years. If i have room in my carry on I might throw it in, will have my back up scope, binoculars, 3 days clothing, and hygiene items, also taking my laptop bag, will put the sony in there.

I also have the camera on my phone but the pics are just average.

thanks again

Well after packing things up to see what room i have i have decided not to take the canon -- if i did i would have to take the camera bag and as it is i can get by with just one carry on -- less things to keep track of and i believe the sony hx 50 will do the job plus i have the cell phone for a back up.

BD,

I went through that deision myself and in my opinion it is completely a personal decision. I decided to only take the Sony. i know myself and I would never even take the bigger camera out of camp, or at least not out of the truck.

Brickburn on the other hand would use ten cameras if you let him. :)

I decided to come back to this thread and see what you guys had concluded.

Damn right I'll take as many cameras as I can. Next time there are at least three going along.
Now you guys have me thinking about loading my pocket with another one.

Since I always take the iphone along as a quick camera I am considering a pocket camera for those very wet hunting days in the bush when I am packing a gun a long way from the bakkie.

I always make time to go hunting with the big white gun. It makes a good break and allows me to hunt some species that are not on the trophy list.

Anyway, it sounds like that waterproof Lumix might be the ticket. I'll have to check it out. Thanks

It has also dawned on me to get the perspective of the tracker and PH while out hunting.
I may drag a couple of these smaller cameras along to provide to them to use during the day and gather the pictures from them throughout.

Posed pictures are great, but candids are always better.

^^^ I feel better now having that confirmed!!! :)

I do like the idea of taking an extra and having someone take random photos. You're right, candid photos are the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois