Calibre options in CZ550 Safari stock?

njc110381

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Evening chaps. My recent experience of shopping for a Blaser barrel with my friend and also previous suggestions that I could have two actions but one stock to travel light have got me thinking, what other calibres could I get on an action that fits my CZ550 .416 Rigby stock? Is the magnum action the same and just the bolt face and magazine lips changed for the .375H&H based rounds or do I need to look at something based on the .416 case?

I think instead of looking into Blaser I may well get a second barrelled action made. Obvious answer if I can't change bolt face size is a .338 Lapua. What are your thoughts please? I'd like it to be a fairly widely available round, nothing too obscure. I'm also wondering if the Lapua round will be restricted in some countries as it's a military chambering?

I would go for 8mm Rem or a 300 wheatherby. I bet the bolt face won’t matter for the outside dimensions of the action.

Just buy another cz in whatever cal you want....to me sounds like a bit of a strange way of doing it....

I will second that, just buy the second one and take them as is.
as a two rifle set.

I would not take the 338 Lapua, perhaps a 300 WM would be a better option. You may want to speed up your decision as the CZ550 is no longer made.

IvW are you sure the CZ550 is no longer being made? Is CZ replacing the 550 with another model?

IvW are you sure the CZ550 is no longer being made? Is CZ replacing the 550 with another model?

The 550 Safari as far as I'm aware is, but the standard action size 550 has already been replaced with the 557 I think?

The idea of two actions in one stock would enable a much smaller case to be taken. I would most likely keep the rifles in their standard form most of the time but it would be a good way to step down a size of travel case if required.

Should have wrote that better.

For now very limited supply only availible in CZ550 is Safari Classic in matt or high gloss-calibers .300 H&H Mag. (10"), .375 H&H Mag. (12"), .404 JEFFERY (16,5"), .458 Lott (1:14), 416 Rigby (16,5")

and

CZ550 Magnum lux or straight stock calibers 375 H&H Mag. (12"), 458 Win. Mag. (14")

That is it all the rest have been replaced with 557 Pushfeed action.

Not sure how long they will keep the CZ550, so if somebody is looking at one now would be the time.

Only option left for OP may be the 300 H&H but ammo will be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!