Calgary airport new terminal and delays

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Just a heads up to anyone transiting Calgary airport. The new terminal is open and they are struggling with baggage handling and firearms clearance. We had 3 rifle cases lost and delayed in arrival. The custom officials are moving at a snails pace and seemed like they were completely unconcerned With getting everyone cleared and out. It took me over an hour to get through. Everyone we spoke to had the same issue. Expect delays and make sure you have enough time to make your connection.

Nothing like progress to slow things down.

Flew out of Calgary on Friday, the new terminal is horrible. Some gates only have 6 chairs for 300 people, all amenities are at the enterance really disorganized.

Flew out of Calgary on Friday, the new terminal is horrible. Some gates only have 6 chairs for 300 people, all amenities are at the enterance really disorganized.
It's the new style of terminal much like Heathrow where they want to keep everyone in a central area spending money at shops and restaurants until just before boarding time. They typically don't even announce your gate until an hour before boarding and often less.

It's the new style of terminal much like Heathrow where they want to keep everyone in a central area spending money at shops and restaurants until just before boarding time. They typically don't even announce your gate until an hour before boarding and often less.
The problem is we had a 4 hr layover, there is no way I'm sitting in a restaurant for 3 1/2 hours. And what about older people that can't stand that long. Even Vancouver is starting to look better.

Ya we've done 8 and 11 hours in Heathrow. It gets old quickly.

Ya we've done 8 and 11 hours in Heathrow. It gets old quickly.

Why would you spend that kind of time in Heathrow? T5 is nice, but there are day rooms and sights to be seen.

Back to Calgary, Ugh no lounge access with AMEX for USA departures.

We fly with a lot of camera gear so traveling outside terminal is a pain and we like to stay awake all day so we are on Africa time when we leave Heathrow. Usually around dinner time. That and we are cheap...haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.