Cabelas’s in Denver

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I’m headed out to WY next week for some prairie dog hunting. I want to stop by Cabela’s in Denver when we pass through however there are two listed. One is on the south side in Lone Tree and the other is north of town in Thornton. I assume one is probably more “robust” than the other. Any thoughts anyone??

BD

Skip those two, and just go to the original store at Sydney. It's not too Far East of Cheyenne. It maybe just me, but Cabela's isn't what it used to be. I just as soon go to a Sportsmans Warehouse anymore.

Skip those two, and just go to the original store at Sydney. It's not too Far East of Cheyenne. It maybe just me, but Cabela's isn't what it used to be. I just as soon go to a Sportsmans Warehouse anymore.

Thanks but that’s a little more of a detour than what my schedule will allow.

Either one is now just a Bass Pro with a Cabela's sign on it.

They are both the same size, I haven't been in the one in Thornton but usually stop at the one in Lonetree.

I would just go to the one that is the easiest to get to depending on which way you are coming from

By the way there is also a Bass Pro in Denver at the old Stapleton Airport property just off of I-70

Either one is now just a Bass Pro with a Cabela's sign on it.

They are both the same size, I haven't been in the one in Thornton but usually stop at the one in Lonetree.

I would just go to the one that is the easiest to get to depending on which way you are coming from

By the way there is also a Bass Pro in Denver at the old Stapleton Airport property just off of I-70

This is exactly what I was looking for on the Cabela’s question.

I’ve been to the BPS out there and I have one about 10 minutes from my house so I was hoping for something different.

Thanks for the reply.

BD

At the Loveland exit north of Denver is a Sportsman’s Warehouse if you go west and a Sheels if you go east. I prefer both of them to Cabela’s anymore with SW the better of the two. JMO

Where in WY are you headed?

If out of Medicine Bow, the folks in the hotel there use to help find private land to hunt PDs.

I have been to the cabelas north of denever and I would say skip it. I live right inbetween a cabelas and a bass pro like 5 miles to either and they are both overpriced joke nowadays and cabelas is getting filled with BP chinese crap.

At the Loveland exit north of Denver is a Sportsman’s Warehouse if you go west and a Sheels if you go east. I prefer both of them to Cabela’s anymore with SW the better of the two. JMO

Where in WY are you headed?

If out of Medicine Bow, the folks in the hotel there use to help find private land to hunt PDs.

Thanks. The consensus seems to be to skip it and go elsewhere. Message received.

I’ve hunted out of Medicine Bow quite a bit and actually know several landowners. This time we’re going up to Casper and focus primarily on public land. If we struggle to find decent shooting we’ll surely default back to the old stomping grounds.

Thanks again. BD

What are you looking for? I always find what l am after at the Thornton store.

Thanks. The consensus seems to be to skip it and go elsewhere. Message received.

I’ve hunted out of Medicine Bow quite a bit and actually know several landowners. This time we’re going up to Casper and focus primarily on public land. If we struggle to find decent shooting we’ll surely default back to the old stomping grounds.

Thanks again. BD
Some great rock chuck shooting up above Casper on the back country road that drops you out by Kaycee! Love that place!

There is also a Sportsmans in Thornton just off of the freeway.

Seems there’s a Sportsman’s Warehouse in Casper.

Not looking for anything in particular. Just enjoy browsing through the big stores when it’s convenient. Never know what you might come across.

Sierra Trading Post in Cheyenne is mostly clothes and camping gear, but it has a great bargain room. It’s worth the stop if you’re just browsing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg