Buying guns in Canada, and transferring them to the U.S.?

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Last night I accidentally stumbled across the website for a Canadian gun dealer named Great North Gun Company which had a large selection of used and surplus rifles that were posted at pretty attractive prices compared to their U.S. equivalents (especially when allowing for the current exchange rate). So it made me wonder about something I've never researched before, "How hard is it to buy a gun online from Canada and import it to the U.S.?". I'm curious if the juice is worth the squeeze, as they say.

Here is the site I'm talking about, so let me know your thoughts and insights. Thanks!

Thanks, @BRICKBURN . From what I read, it looks like the import and transfer involves another few hundred dollars on top of the purchase price, plus the paperwork gauntlet. ;-)

Never used Borderview but I did jump thru the hoops to buy gun and gun parts in US and have them brought up here to Canada and delivered to me. As others state as the buyer/seller process its easy, the company, (I used Wolverine sports), you hire (FFL) to FFL does all the paperwork and deals with transfer. You just pay the bill. I would do again as there are many items south of our border that are not available up here but get all costs and timelines ahead if those things matter.

MB

I am using Borderview right now. They are currently processing my request to verfiy the rifle is importable to the US, which it is. I filled out their online paperwork late Friday and got email this afternoon. So sofar they are very prompt and helpful.

Last night I accidentally stumbled across the website for a Canadian gun dealer named Great North Gun Company which had a large selection of used and surplus rifles that were posted at pretty attractive prices compared to their U.S. equivalents (especially when allowing for the current exchange rate). So it made me wonder about something I've never researched before, "How hard is it to buy a gun online from Canada and import it to the U.S.?". I'm curious if the juice is worth the squeeze, as they say.

Here is the site I'm talking about, so let me know your thoughts and insights. Thanks!

There are several companies that help you import firearms from Canada. I find good deals on guns in CA all the time but once you factor in the couple hundred dollars in import fees & shipping it’s normally pretty close to a wash.

Interesting, indeed. I was eyeballing a rifle @ Elwood Epps at one stage for exporting down Under, never went through with it; well worth considering in the future...

I am normally glad the process is expensive and puts guns or items at a higher cost than up here. I would have far less "spare" cash if I could just buy items from US. Especially on this sites classified adds.

MB

I believe that Prophet River in Lloydminster Alberta also provides import/export services to the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!